Gallbladder scars by keyhole surgery.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gallbladder taken out by keyhole surgery at the beginning of may. The scar under my breasts is really sore and itchy. It's still very raised. Does anyone have any advice on if this is normal? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yep, normal, or at least mine was like that too, for well over a year as I recall.  I am now almost 3 years post surgery and it no longer bumpy but occasionally they will itch.
  • Posted

Rub something like E45 cream into it, press down firmly and use small circular movements with your fingertips. I was told any non fragranced moisturiser would do, and use it at least once a day to break down the scar tissue.

I've done this on the scars from my last two ops and it really helps, just wish I'd known about it for the earlier ones!!

• Posted

I havent had the same trouble with my scar but I do occaionally get a fungal infection under my boobs which makes it sore and itchy. I just buy either Daktarin cream or cansten cream over the counter and use that and it settles. I just wondered wehter this is whats haooened ? Hope it settles for you soon.
  • Posted

Hi danielle51059

The scar is so inconvenient isn't it! The worst place for a woman as right on the bra line! I wore a sports bra for quite a while after surgery so not to irritate it. My Consultant recommend Bio Oil (chemists also sell cheaper alternative versions like "Re-Gen Oil" etc). I religiously used it every day and the itch went as soon as I put it on and it smoothed out so quickly smile At my post op check up, the Doctor double checked the date of my operation as couldn't believe how fast the incisions had healed. So I highly recommend! smile I did also end up having my dissolvable stitches removed as they were a bit tight and was making my skin pucker... That also helped ease the itching.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.