Gallbladder Sludge

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have frequent flare ups of gallbladder sludge (diagnosed after being on surgical ward in pain and had ultrasound done). Even when not having flare up can feel the ‘blob’ there constantly on the right just under my ribs. Going for CT with contrast on tuesday then back to consultant for results in May. Anyone else had the same problem? Just wish they would take it out flare ups make me feel so rough 😩

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed by keyhole surgery 3 years ago.

I was only in hospital for the day.

If it is causing you problems then get rid of it you will feel a lot better afterwards.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Amanda.  I am going through the exact thing right now.  It’s miserable.  This is the second Sunday I have spent in the bed most of the day.  I know I need to get this taken care of.  I’ve just been putting it off bc I will have a symptom free few months.  But, then I wish I had it out when it flares back up.  Keep us updated on how everything goes.
  • Posted

Have you researched ursodioxycholic acid treatment?   This works for some who use that method of dissolving cholesterol type stones. It works by raising the bile acid level in the gall bladder and tube. Many UK doctors seem unaware of that method which is none other than disgraceful.

My truthful post stated that a registrar (learner) had never heard of Ursodioxycholic acid & yet her superior

knew that ursodioxycholic acid will dissolve gall stones of type and he then prescribed me it and within six months it had reduced my five stones to two and reduced the diameter of the biggest stone from 17mm to 10 mm.  Since that time I have not been symptomatic at all and I am on a healthy diet which does not mean a low fat one........ It has been researched that a low fat diet in some instances (would you believe) can induce gall stones to form because the gall bladder is not flushed out as it is when it is called upon to work.

Although it is said to be an 'old wives tale' - half a fresh lemon pulp and juice emulsified in a quarter cup of very warm olive oil will flush the gall bladder. I can say without question this is true but it is a vile drink and the explosion on the loo will vouch for it's clearing effect!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.