gallbladder/stones/pancreatitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone give me their symptoms or experience with gallbladder/pancreatitis problems, such as how much pain, dull aches and location of back pain if any. thank you 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Maybe your bile duct blocked. Sometimes Stones are like sand mine were and didn't show up as falling part These can get stuck in your uretha and as you keep passing these sand like grains stones often as breaking up can cause back pain. Did they check your kidneys for stones. Also have you had any urine infections.
    • Posted

had the back ache/pain on and off, but the ache on left side near ribs is new for last couple of days, did have very bad pain in stomach 2 days ago where I was huddle up, thinking it was very intense trapped wind, and had to nearly crawl to the toilet where had loose bowel movement and felt slightly better but still this dull ache there x thank you for your response x
  • Posted

Are you sure not a bowel problem or colon problem as large bowel colon is positioned under your ribs diaphram.You can get diarrhoea from derverticulad desease cramps stomach pains as well as from your gallbladder plus vomiting. The pain mirrors that.as well can be confused with gallbladder symptoms!!
  • Posted

mine started with severe abdominal pain central, upper and upper right. chest pain and occassional back pain which varied from upper and lower, nausea and vomiting. sometimes would get a dull ache which felt like it was in my rib area. after several trips to the hospital i had a scan showed gallstones and sludge in the gall bladder. however since having it removed end of april 2014 i am still suffering with flare ups and getting the run around from doctors who just keep putting me on my medication rather than carrying out proper investigations so frustrating. not sure if any of this info is any help
    • Posted

Did they tell you that use 3 clips,ti seal off where your gall bladder use to be? Did they tell you does a. don'ts before left hospital like don't drive so many weeks. Don't lift other? You don't say. If you had keyhole procedure? however if this the case you should been told They observations treating keyhole as just the norm now as less time recovering.but it's still a major op. Plus you tend to forget things your doing as NO BIG SCAR AS A CONSTANT REMINDER!! You may have also forgotten you have internal stitches. So if your not right make a fuss and ask for a second opinion as still unwell. ANDVYOU SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THIS
    • Posted

hi i wasnt told anything apart from i had gallstones and sludge i was then put on an emergency theatre list told i had to be nil by mouth 18 hours past no food or drink still not had the op then nurse said it was cancelled till the day after same happen again nil by mouth all day then cancelled this went on for 4 days. i then had the op i woke up on the ward in discomfort my stomach felt wet when i moved my hospital gown the incisional site was bleeding through the dressing and running down my stomach i told the nurse who re-dressed it around 10 mins later it was bleeding through again this went on for an hour and a half the drew round the blood on the dressing said they would keep an eye on it then discharged me without checking it. i was staying at my mothers i told her and she checked all the stitches my wound at the top was open in the middle. when i was discharge i wasnt told any do's or dont just sent away. it was an absolute nightmare for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.