Gallbladder surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'd been suffering with pain for 3 years before the doctor's would listen to me, been in and out of hospital with doctor's saying its just IBS. When I told the doctor I thought it was gallstones she pretty much laughed and said no your to young at the age of 23 and sent me away with more useless tablets.

After I went back a few more times they agreed to send me for a scan which found aload of gallstones so was put on a waiting list for gallbladder removal. After waiting 13 weeks and suffering pain pretty Much everyday I went to doctor's in really bad pain where they then sent me to hospital with information of the gallbladder, the next morning I had surgery.

It's 6 days after surgery now and I feel sick and dizzy every morning when get up, I have no energy and can barely do anything. I just wanna get back to normal 😢

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sammi, It is still early days for you yet. The anesthetic can take a while to get over and also your body to adjust to  having a major op.  I first had gallbladder problems when I was 19 and they told me I was too young to have it.  I got over the initial bout  but took a long time. Now im 52 and having my GB out tomorrow! Wish I had had it done when I was 19 it may have saved me a lot of bad health problems. 

Hopefully you will soon start to feel better. Make sure you are drinking plenty too . Take care x

• Posted

Hope surgery has gone OK today Jane

Thinking of you

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi sammii0711

I feel for you it's not nice, after seeing my sister struggle with getting diagnosed to finally having the op, she was in a lot of pain and kept in hospital for 4day after the op, she barely moved out of bed that much for the first week at home, I know they say your back on your feet the same day but it's not the case for every one.

It is major surgery to have, have you tried having a word with your GP or even the surgeons clinic they maybe able to suggest something to help with the sickness?

• Posted

Hi Ruthie31

I've been to GP today and been given anti sickness tablets so hopefully will start to help ! Thanks to all comments really helping a lot !!

• Posted

Hopefully this helps you recover a bit more quicker.

Its nice to know your not alone, even though I'm not the one suffering it's helped me getting advice from people on this site, my sister is still struggling 15 days after her op but we are hoping the doctors maybe able to help a bit more.

All the best for recovery!!

• Posted

Glad you've been to see your GP, that's what I'd have suggested. Also, as hard as it is, I'd suggest to keep moving as much as you can. It doesn't need to be a lot, but just getting up and about can really help during the initial recovery, hopefully it'll be easier now you have some anti nausea tablets. 

I'm 6 days post surgery too, so I feel you! I've found that the days I feel the best are the days I've gotten up and about, sometimes out of the house, sometimes just up and downstairs, and even though I tire out easily and end up back in bed early on those days overall I feel better. I hope you start to feel better soon

• Posted

Sammii0711, I'm sorry you are not back to feeling normal. Had my gallbladder out June 30. I'm in pain and the exact same pain as I had prior to surgery. Doctors do not tell you that the healing process may take months or years so I have been reading.   I have had many, many tests done after the removal due to the pain and all tests come back normal. It wasn't until this weekend when I found this site that I found out this continuing pain could be normal. After realizing there really is nothing wrong with me, I'm more calm about the pain and I will take it one day at a time. You really are so recent in post op, that you need to take it easy. It will take time. I wish you the best. 
  • Posted

Hi everyone

I'm feeling much better yesterday after going GP and taking anti sickness tablets I'm like a different person, feeling like myself again which didn't think was every going to happen after 3 years of pain !!

Hope things stay this way , Still taking it easy tho but feeling positive 😊

• Posted

Glad you're feeling better! Bird lover is right, we forget that our bodies have just been through major surgery and have endured so much up to this point, we need to give ourselves time to heal.

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive, I hope recovery is speedy and smooth for you.

• Posted

I feel for you. I suffered before finally having my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Same story when I went to A and E with it, they just do not listen to you.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

It does take time.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx.

• Posted

Sam,

Your still going thru the recovery period. I am 5 weeks post op. Still feel some pains as if my Galbladder is still there. But i was told i could feel like this for a few months or maybe alot longer.

Goodluck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.