Gallbladder surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had gallbladder surgery on 12-7-16. After the pain unbearable but now I'm constipated for 5 days. I've used exlax stool signers probiotics enema and last but not least magnesium citrate. Still nothing. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable. I can't even wear my clothes now I'm so bloated. I haven't eaten any fatty foods. I make shakes for breakfast I drink tons of water. Even if I wanted to eat a good meal I can't. I feel full all the time and I get nauseous then throw up. (Maybe I should of kept my GB in) What else can I do to clean out my system. It's killing me.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

You need to use flax seed oil daily. Even if things get moving, still use it. Hope you go soon!
    • Posted

Im very sorry about my previous messages being all distorted, I was having some technical problem with my smart phone.  I wanted to make sure my point was clear.  The problem is a slowed or or competely stopped gastric motility.  Taking something by mouth will cause vomit or worsening of symptoms.  You need to try to stimulate the motility from the other side with a rectal suppository or enema.  I know you already tried but I would recommend to keep trying that route and to go to your doctor if you are not successful with that.  
  • Posted

It's probably due to the anesthesia and opiods. Stop taking opiods if you have been doing that. Walk more, alot more. Try another enema. And or laxative su The motility is stopped or slowed down. Taking something else orally like more laxative will not help. Try taking a laxative suppository, not just a stool softer

• Posted

Okay some techno al pfoblems. Once you pass this you will feel much better
  • Posted

Hi Maureen,

DId you call your doctor back. That is awful. I had mine out almost 3 weeks ago but I am not in pain from it. only I can not eat. they just gave me a new medeicine to try as i have had stomache pain when i eat i am scared to eat anything at all. I would call your Doctors PA and they can usually help you. other wish go back to the er or Doctor. it does not sound right to be constipated for that long. good luck 

• Posted

Maureen,

? Sorry to hear, my advice is stop taking any pain meds and no shakes with fiber

?in it this will make things worse.

?I promise if you try drinking a very warm cup of water with fresh lemon juice half with a teaspoon of honey every morning and drinks lots of water during the day also up the fruits. You will be having long readable mornings find some good magazines.

?Had the surgery 8-2-16 keyhole surgery I'm sure that is what you had alot of gas they fill your tummy with and walk!

?

Hope that helps

Deb

• Posted

My only advice is to contact the surgeon who did your surgery. Call them until you get relief. We shouldn't have to suffer . Feel better

• Posted

I had my surgery in august and I also have one of your problems at least. I feel full all the time as well so It's been hard for me to me to eat. Luckily I don't throw up but I do get nauseous every time after I eat. I tend to feel better around 4-5 hours after a meal. I don't even each much since I feel like I can't. But I'm still hanging in there. Is this how you feel as well? In regards to the constipation, a mug of hot prune juice seems to do the trick. Or just eat around 6-7 (they come in a zip bag and don't even taste bad) and you will go to the bathroom trust me!

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed in feb of this year. Since my surgery,  I've had constipation, bloating to where I have trouble breathing, cramping, & low grade fever. I haven't gone to the bathroom on my own without medicine since my surgery.  What finally got me going after surgery was a dose of miralax a day & one colace in the morning & night until I finally went. After that, I stuck with the colace.  My dr now has me on linzess but it pretty much rules my day on the days that I take it. I've had every test you can mention with no remarkable results. I'm the most "normal" person who feels horrible. I would love to hear if you get any advice or tests from your doctor. 

• Posted

I had the same problems with going to the bathroom before but then after it was worse. The bloating cramping you name it I had it. The doctor told me to take miralax twice daily but then I used everything I could get my hands on until finally after 7 days went. Felt better but still have issues. My doctor did not put me on any prescription meds. I've read upon linzess and I would not be able to function. I wish I had an answer to your problem. I've just been taking Miralax daily in the morning and it seems to help. I may not be regular but I never was. I know Iv e had to change what I eat but I still get nauseated constipated and bloated. I pray you find what helps you. If you do please share. If I find one I'll definitely let you know. I hope you have Merry Christmas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.