Gallbladder Surgery... is it necessary???

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had 3 gallbladder attacks within the past 3 months. These were the only attacks I've had ever. The 1st on happen after I ate yogurt. I haven't had an attack in the month of October. I am scheduled to have gallbladder surgery on November 7. Is it too soon to have the surgery? Should I wait it out to see if the attacks continue? Please help!!!!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I would suggest that if they think it is bad enough to remove you gallbladder I would do it. I had to have mine removed three years ago after dealing with it for 3 year. It got to the pony I couldn't even take a sip I water with out hurting and throwing up. By the time I got to the emergency room and they finnaly found out that it was my galbladder my kindeys were shutting down and the bike duct that transferred the stones had scared shut. They likely good of actual ccomplications are relatively low. It took me a month or two to fully recover because of how bad I was before it as Well as they had to clean the bile duct out as well. I would also suggest being careful about what you eat.

• Posted

I fought it for months did everything but stand on my head but after untra sound and CAT scand it took the HIDA scan too prove it was not working and I was tired of the pain so had it out and I feel great but found out I have too take bile supplement with every meal too break down fat and now I feel normal the Dr said my gall bladder looked normal when she took it out but it just was not working 5 HIDA is normal mine was 1 and that meant it was not working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.