Gallbladder surgery what to expect afterwards

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am due to have my Gallbladder removed, I am keen to hear from people what their experiences were or are after the operation

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my gall bladder out about 8 years ago. I'd had severe abdominal pain getting worse all night until I had to call an ambulance in the early hours.

It took a while for them to diagnose the problem but the cholecystectomy was done laparoscopically (keyhole surgery) and apart from feeling a bit bruised the next day, was fine to go home and I've not missed that organ. Life's the same as before the op, though I do have a few more bowel movements than previously but not bothersome.

If you want to read my blog of the event, find my personal website www ChrisRob co uk and search Cholecystectomy.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I hope post op is as good for me as what it has been for you.  I read the paperwork that hospital gave me and you can get some pretty nasty things occur.  But I will remain positive

• Posted

Gallbladder surgery very easy, I went in on the Friday and then home on Saturday. I think it's mainly a routine operation now so try not to worry.
    • Posted

Thanks Trisha for making me feel more upbeat about the after affects of surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.