Gallbladder trouble

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I have the same probleme. It started last year in October. I have been to the GP so many times since then. They dont know what is causing me the pain. I had a ultrasound scan, CT scan through NHS and everything it was normal they said and also said I need a colonoscopy. Because I was waiting so long and my simptoms were still here I decided to go privately to carry on the investigations because they said it is the colon coursing me the pain. The colonoscopy was ok. Everything ok. I went back to my GP complaining about the same simptoms and surprise they put me on antidepressants. It s in my mind the pain. I carry on the investigations privately. I have pain in my right side bitter test in my mouth nousea headaches. I can't eat anything especially heavy foods are fatty. I will have a HiDA test but I dont know the price.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It is so frustrating, because you don't have a stereotypical gallbladder attack they do not take you seriously. My operation is in 3 weeks. To get something done I told the I have a family history of GallBladder issues without stones, I confirmed my uncles have had the gallbladder removed and the symptoms have gone. Look up acalculous biliary pain.

• Posted

My mother had same problems as me. I didn't know to tell them also my aunt had an operation recently.

• Posted

do you still have your gall bladder?

• Posted

Yes I still have my gallbladder. I am.meeting again with the consultant on Wednesday. He thinks it is nothing serious because the ultrasound doesn't shows anything. Still in pain and not able to eat anything fatty. I have the same simptoms when I first visit the GP in October. They don t take me serious. I do everything privately because my GP last time.when I sow him said to.me to take antidepressants. I left the room.crying. I felt like he was making fun of me.

• Posted

Antidepressants the fix all NHS/GP/UK healthcare system easy option/get out clause/fob off! Lets give these mind altering sh#t meds out like smarties! Even people who may require these are given them as a 1st line treatment due to non- existant mental health services when it should be as a last resort.

I also have gallbladder problems in my family but nobody has ever thought to ask.

Just wanted to wish you luck as i srarted to complain to my GP of all my classic symptoms Oct 2016. Didn't get referred to a gastro until June 2017. The gastro tried to fob me after a single CT and by this time i had list 8 stone in 6 months. Had to fight my corner and after an ultrasound showed a thickened wall and shadow was referred for surgery. Waited 3 months to see surgeon who messed me about for a further 2 months and re-referred me back to gastro. Waited 7 months and last time i saw gastro was told i would be seen again within 3 months and that was 6 months ago!

Was also accused of canceling an endoscopy when i had failed to be referred.

To be honest i thought maybe it was just me but my 6 year old became ill in March and his treatment has been nothing short of disgusting also. Trying to get his medications has been a nightmare, he should of had repeat blood tests within 3 to 4 weeks and that should have been 10 weeks ago. Oh boy have we tried to to get it sorted but between his GP and hospital it's been a total train wreck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.