Gallbladder ultrasound

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have had a dull ache that comes and goes in my right upper abdominal area for almost a week. No other symptoms except for constipation. I went to the dr today, after examining me, she said I was definitely tender under my right ribcage and suggested an ultrasound. I'm scared, that something is really wrong, like cancer. I always fear the worse. Has anyone gone through this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes I have had very similar experience. Ache under right rib cage. Had ultrasound scan and all was normal. Had full blood test and liver function test and all was normal. Still got the pain so endoscopy is next step for me I think. 
  • Posted

Hi I have had the gallbladder ultrasound it is like when u r pregnant thy found I have gallstones because I kept getting the pain thy took my gallbladder out now 80% have no problems after that but I am the 20% that does I have got so many problems but the doctor says its not because if the gallbladder removal and plz don't worry about it being cancer as it might not be if u need to talk more u can inbox me xx

• Posted

Hi

I have the same problem, I’ve had 2 ultrasounds and nothing showing. It will be more than likely you will be the same, it’s very common for nothing to show. I have chronic Gastritis which showed up with an endoscopy. My pain in my upper right quadrant has been coming and going for the last year. 

• Posted

Don’t worry!  Worry will excerbate your symptoms.  Your doctor will want to see if it is your gallbladder or liver since you have right sided pain.   However, pain under your rib cage may point to gastritis which can be diagnosed by an endoscopy.

If your pain moves about all over your abdomen, and you get temporary  relief of pain after a bowel movement, it may be IBS especially since you have constipation.  Some people also get rib cage pain with IBS.  Do you have pain after eating? This can also be a sign of IBS or gastritis.

I have IBS and get shifting abdominal pain, constipation, loose stools or diarrhoea, back pain and sometimes nausea,

• Posted

Thank you all so much for your responses. I had the ultrasound done this morning. The tech was kind enough to tell me she didn't see anything g serious, so that helped my anxiety. I did start on the Konsyl Tuesday evening, which has really seemed to help my constipation and maybe ease my side pain. Perhaps I need more fiber in my diet? Still a tad sore. So will be anxious to hear from the dr.

• Posted

Go do the ultrasound. Only takes minutes and you will be able to receive a better answer. 
  • Posted

Well, ultrasound came back normal. Now I am having upper stomach cramps as well as what feel like menstrual cramping. Started a new womens probiotic today from garden of life, as well as a green super food power. Stoped the Konsyl as I think it might be causing the gas pains and cramping.. Going back to dr on Tuesday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.