Gallbladder weight gain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody else noticed weight gain after having gallbladder removed.😭😭 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanette, since my post a couple of hours ago I have found another site that is full of people saying that they have put on loads of weight and there is nothing they can do about it.

Apparently it is all to do with the way the gall bladder dealt with fat and with its absence is the result of weight gain.

The strange thing is that doctors and surgeons do not tell you about this and even afterwards will not own up to it. I am seeing my GP in the morning and will be asking the question again!!

• Posted

Thanks Ronnie. What is the other site you have been on. My surgeon never mentioned this either. And I did think with all the toilet trips the weight would come off.i would be interested in what your doctor says tomorrow.
    • Posted

Hello again Jeanette, I have seen my GP and had bloods taken so I will not have the results from them for a while as my next appointment is 5th October and I also go on holiday that day and that is followed by another holiday on 23rd October. Anyway when I complained before and had blood tests they showed up nothing abnormal so I am not expecting anything positive from these tests. However he did say that after operations like these one's  metabolism sometimes goes haywire and after initially losing weight your recovery begins and on occasions the body can start to store calories ( which the body was missing ) instead of naturally burning them off. Anyway I will know better in a few weeks and will let you know. But please advise what " ATTACKS" were you referring to?

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I never mentioned attacks it was somebody else d70588 .
  • Posted

I have but it's mostly my fault.  I'm 4 months post surgery and I will say that my midsection does not look the same since surgery.  I'm hoping some weight loss will help me get back to normal.  I was losing weight but once the attacks began I went up 20 lbs.  so far 3 are gone due to strictly following weight watchers.  

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,  I’m the same as you, gradually putting on 1lbs and not really eating any different. 

I’m lucky in respect that I’ve recovered really well and quickly from the op ( done on 14th August 18) and haven’t had any issues other than this! 

Overall I feel loads better but like you no mention of gaining weight from Drs.

Going to have to be really careful it doesn’t just keep creeping up but it helps I’m not alone with this.

• Posted

Hi Susan 

I had my surgery July 2017 and like you no pain at all and everything is ok apart from weight creeping up 😭 .diet it is for me as I had lost 2 stone before surgery 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.