Gallstone pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi any help gratefully received,ive been having gallbladder attacks for a while now,the pain is excruciating,I have seen my doc who said all my symptoms point to gallstones and he sent me for an ultrasound scan,I had the scan done on Saturday and the lady who performed it said there were no gallstones there.

has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible for the scan to miss the stones? Please help

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim, I know exactly how you are feeling, I have had abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting for the past five months, which the Drs were convinced it was my gallbladder (was in hospital most of the summer) but yet several scans have shown no stones. I was Later told I had a blood clot on my liver but then I was told it wasn't . i can't  eat anything heavy or fatty as it makes things ten times worse, the pain in unreal at times. My gastroentrologist has recently put me on gabapentin to try and help my symptoms but still waiting for it to work! My mum found something on he Internet that you can still get gallbladder probs without stones and it occurs mainly in young women summit to do with the emptying of the gallbladder. I showed this to my consultant who said it could be this or it could be something else in other words they don't really know! I'm in the process of getting a second opionon as I'm at the end of my tether as I'm sure you are! I've lost over 2 stones now in weight..have you had any blood tests done as all my show is that one of my liver functions is raised..hope ur feeling better soon Kim.
    • Posted

Hi there,I off back to the doctors on Monday to see what they suggest next,I know sometimes an ultrasound can miss small stones,I'm not giving up until I get an answer I can't live with this kind of pain,ive had 2 kids and this pain was worse than child birth,no I figure you can't have this much pain n there be nothing wrong,I avoid high fat foods and have days where the thought of eating scares me,I feel rough all the time and am so tired,I will let you know what I find out on monday
  • Posted

Hi I had a similar situation myDr didtests for gall bladder issues everything came back ok  I was still in pain then u I found this site and tried what was posted about livatone milk thistle digestive enzymes and probiotic change up my diet  And exercise I am feeling much better the person's post that I read namehas the word healthy in it something like healthyyou. 
    • Posted

Hey Kim go to the home page for this site and go to the forum for abdominal pain or pain in upper right side the conversations there will help you one person the same guy who's advice is helping me he pointed out that is not so much the far that is the problem but sugar I only started the regimen last night and I already have relief I have beensuffering for a month now and otherthan when u had a colon cleanse today is my best day and I only had the milk thistle and digestive enzymes it could be your liver you may have a fatty  liver

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.