gallstone pain normal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have had gall stone pain for a while but only realised it was gallstones after being rushed into hospital with an infection 6 days on an iv and I came out. Everything settled down only had one attack however now I am getting the pain every day a dull ache lasting all day. I am on morphine and tramadol. Had my bloods checked no infection , is this normal any advice much appreciated. I'm on a very very low fat diet and waiting on a date for it to be removed. X

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

The dull pain is probably just ur gallbladder left feeling tender from the infection, nothing to worry about. When i was waiting for a date for my removal i phoned the 111 everytime i had an attack, went to a&e a few times, got the surgeons receptionist number & just hassled any1 i could to get the removal date closer & it worked!! smile if u r in alot of pain, often its no way 2 live ur life so good luck & u will feel normal again after surgery! X
  • Posted

I was like that, I had two weeks in hospital with an infection, turned a lovely shade of yellow. Before having the gallbladder out I was waiting to have the stuck stone removed, unfortunately our health authority was only doing emergency procedures, so after four months waiting I had another attack, as soon as my temperature went up my surgeon decided I needed everything out then and there, didn't have room on his operating list, so they worked through their lunch.

Gave me a whole new meaning to being invited for lunch!!

• Posted

Oh God sounds awful I was just but concerned as it's constant but no infection it's odd plus I don't get paid for not being at work so losing money etc I don't like the idea of an op but I've never wanted something so bad in my life!!! Xx
  • Posted

Do not mess with this, get it out!!!!! I went through the same thing in May  of this year and I almost died of pancreatitis twice!! It landed me in the hospital for one month. Thye had to clean out common duct of stones and then take my gallbladder out. IV anitbiotics for fours weeks. Dilaudid 2MG every three hours for ten days straight. I'm telling you you can not take care of this pain meds, it will KILL YOU! Tell the docs to take it out!! Once out, you can eat just about everything. I went from 160 pounds down to 139 punds in hospital and here we are in August and I'm 175 pounds and 100% better. No pain, no where.
    • Posted

I am seeing my surgeon on Wednesday , I want it out as I know what can go wrong. God it sounds like you really went through it sad glad you're feeling better hope I will be too smile
    • Posted

I hope the surgeon agrees and removes it from you quickly. One thing I leanred from the net is not to believe that gallstones can be flushed from your body, this is simply nonsense. Even dietary changes can't stop stones from forming or leaving the gallbladder and falling into common bile duct. Wish you best, stay i  touch :-) Gregory
  • Posted

Hi. im waiting to have my gall bladder taken out. Got to loose a bit of weight. before i can have the op thou.Im constantly feeling sick. the dull pain and soreness are always there now.not just at night now. carn't wait to have it taken out. I also take tramadol if it gets to bad.have done well to get some wieght of but still in pain!
    • Posted

I'm worried that's what he has s going to say that to me. I've lost 5 stone so I'm hoping it will be enough xx good luck xx
  • Posted

Luckily no stones in my tubes and I am now on the waiting list for it to come out such a relief now just a waiting game I can see some light at the end of the tunnel smile thank you to all for replying to my thread xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.