Gallstone symptoms or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone 1st time on here but wanting to see if anyone can identify with any of the symptoms ive been experiencing. A year ago i was hospitalised with pancreatitis which was very painful. An ultrasound scan afterwards revealed a large gallstone about 3cm. Other scans done since have revealed cysts on my liver and kidneys and nodules on ny adrenal glands. I have high cholesterol for which im on statins and high blood pressure for which im on blood pressure tablets. My vitamin D was severely deficient at 19 nmol/l, i also had raised sodium and potassium levels. My cortisol was on the low side too. The thing is i have been off work for 3 months now thinking it was my gallstone and pancreas playing up again but now im not so sure. I have been in constant pain and find it hard to sleep at night. I am fatigued all the time and get breathless after little activity. I pass clear urine up to 14 tines a day and was up 3 times last night. I have low moods understandably and find it hard to focus on anything much. Just lately i have sporadic tingling in my right arm which is most annoying. Finally i have to see an endocrinologist next week but am unsure whats behind all this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

are you diabetic at all,statins and bp meds can affect blood results too,
    • Posted

Hi never been checked for diabetes but hoping this endocrinologist will check that out too. A whole mixed bag of things going on but worry at the back of my mind that cancer is always a possibility, my father and his 2 brothers died with different types of cancer. Still im not losing weight but crave salty things if thats connected to anything
  • Posted

relax, I had the same problem. I did not do anyting and I got cancer of t he bile duct.  Get you galllblader out, if you do not you are damaging your pancreas which can turn into cancer. Don't mess around like I did.  Stop eating  out and stop eating fatty foods.  That is why you are in pain. I eat vegs and a lot of water and now have no pain unless I go off the diet and than I have pain.  I eat chicken twice a week and no meat.  It is hard on your liver which will cuase you more pain.

good luck

• Posted

Thank you for the reply literally 'food for thought' - the old saying is you are what you eat, a lot of truth in this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.