Gallstones

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

just joined and hope someone can help

dr thinks I got gallstones just waiting for scan appointment. Get pain in middle of stomach and under right shoulder blade, when i eat it feels like a hard lump in the upper middle of my stomach (does that sound right) have to watch what I eat, but got lots of questions, is it always best to have it removed? After a day like today I could take it out myself! Had pain all day, the runs, loosing weight, no appetite , feel yuk, how long do people wait for op? Do they try tablets first? I not very good with tablets 

hope someone can help, thanks 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for getting back, yes think I'm in for more prodding and poking I'll let you know how it goes, hope hubby's coping with diabetis ok , thanks 
  • Posted

My husband is suffering with his gall bladder at the moment, had problems over 18  months but did not got to the Drs until a bad attack in January. Referred for an ultra scan when confirmed he had multiple gall stones and an enlarged spleen. In February had a bad attack and was admitted to hospital with acute cholycystitus. Off work for 2 weeks. Saw a consultant in April and then had a camera put down his throat to check his stomach. Told all was ok apart from gastritus which he has tablets for. Still did not hear anything so went to Drs who wrote to hospital, he then had another attack and was given antibiotics. Saw consultant 2 weeks ago and now has a CT scan booked for this coming Monday. He has really been mucked about, our main concern is that he has lost 2 stones since February (he is not a large man so now looks really skinny). We have been told that after the CT scan we have to push the hospital for a quick result as the surgeon won't do anything until they have the all clear. At the moment he is not even on the waiting list. We are freeling really depressed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.