Gallstones

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had this pain under my rib for a week been to hospital all the doctors said gallstones .so had a scan no gallstones but have a cyes on liver .sent me home with pain killers .i have not had my bowels open for a week .still in lots of pain .what can I do now .does any one know ? 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Julie i lso had a scan and it showed no gal stones, just a fatty mass on my liver, was just told to keep of fatty foods, found that with me flour seems to aggrivate it and chocolate, also coconut oil has been known to cause severe inflammation in some cause liver pain, i was making my own chocolates using this. im now taking milk thistle tablets know for relieving liver problems and none know side affects, at one point my abdomen was very swollen too  but these tablets are easing off the pain.also im drinking dandelion and burdock tea bags, mine have hawthorn leaves in them too. look up these and read about them. im sure they will help you,though the not having your bowels open for a week and still in lots of pain id go back to the doctors i think. did you mean you have a cyst on your liver? hope you feebetter very soon, also dont drink any alchohol at the moment.

Sue

• Posted

Hi Susan .

thanks for your  help I will try some of the things and see if it helps .

yes I did mean cyst .can not eat as it hurts .again for your reply 

Julie 

• Posted

Wow susan great great advice to julie I hope she tries those .
  • Posted

Hi again Julie. also theres this,from Holland and Barretts

Not sure if im allowed to mention this on hear, it might get removed.if its hurting when you eat, do you mean as you eat or afterwards?  did they actually check your gallbladder for inflammation. just to say you have no gall stones doesnt mean its not inflammed though, cant believe thwy have found a cyst on your liver and just given you pain killers, they need to find out whats causing the pain. some swear by the taking of aloe vera jiuce but then ive read in some even this can cause reactions yet my mum took this and it cleared an ulcer.

Sue

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Sounds as if your medication is making you constipated..Did you read the leaflet that came with your medication. It might say that the painkiller your taking can

cause constipation.  If so, go back to your doc and ask to change your pain killer meds. Also, ask the doc are you going to have any treatment with regard to the cysts on your liver.......best wishes..

• Posted

Hi lilian

thanks for your Reply. Your probley right about meds. I go back to the doctors Monday .and ask about them and about the cyst .

thanks again 

Julie 

• Posted

Hi julie , first you need to clean your colon and get all that gunk out. You can do this naturally by taking a tablespoon of castor oil with orange juice 2x a day x 1 to 2 days.for bowels to  moves..
    • Posted

Thanks .i try that to.

i been to the hospital to day .they think it could be cholecystitis so I have to go back and have more test .and have a camer up my bowel .but have to wait and my liver cycst is only 4 cm so they are not worried a bout that .has any one had this before .i am in a lot of pain but still have to wait to see a doctor 😔

• Posted

Your pain is most likely coming from not being able to go off so that causes a lot of stress on the colons, back and abdomen you need to drink something to have a bowel movement.
  • Posted

Hi every one 

well it's day ten of pain .now I have a rash and blesters .so I we not back to the doctors .and I have shingles so all the pain I was getting was down to this shame the doctors at the hospital did not pick up on this .but my doctor said you would have fault the rash would have came out earlier .just go to show we are all different .but thanks for all your help on here 

Julie 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.