gallstones

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had my gall blader Out on friday 1st may stayed in over night but when will i b healed etc as iv got a 15 month Boy and my tummy hurts feel like a pullin sensation Is that good p.s when can i start smokin again

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You have had major surgeryWyattsmummy! it will take at least three weeks unti the pulling sensation starts to ease. as for re-starting to smoke? why? if you can go without for a few days why not pack in? so much better for you love xxx
    • Posted

Yh im.thinking of stopping cuz my son but i miss picking him up and givin him cuddles when can i do that and thanks for reply im new to this is feeling sick normal to xx
  • Posted

Hi there,yes it is going to be painful for a few days. I had mine removed 3 weeks ago and I still get pains depending on how much I do,bending walking fast etc.

As far as smoking is concerned, I am not sure as I quit almost 5onths ago,my body was going through so much trauma with my gallbladder that it started rejecting cigarettes, if I smoked I would start having panic attacks.

With regards to your toddler, you will have to wait atleast 6 weeks before picking up. I was reminded by a nurse that there many stitches inside, a major abdominal op was done so you have to pace yourself and give yourself time to heal.

Your little one will still enjoy soft cuddles while you sit on a chair or rest on your bed.

What I found helped,that may help you, try not lie on your right hand side as it can get really painful.

Good luck,wishing you a speedy recovery with little pain.

• Posted

Thanks for advice hun i try giv him cuddles hate pain its my first op first pain ever gon thro didnt av any with birth as it was quick birth three pushes he was out plus he was feet first xxx
    • Posted

And i tried layin on side last mite it was so painful as hate layin on my back i get back ache plus always toss i forgets my self xx
  • Posted

Im a week post op and able to lift my baby. She's 18 lbs. Ive had people doing most of the lifting for me and I dont pick her up from the ground yet. Just moving her short distances at chest height or standing her up on my lap.
    • Posted

I just havent got strength to do wat i used to.hate it but tryin to move around but still painful xx
  • Posted

Worse thing I did was try and sleep on my side !!! Don't do it !! Im sure that's what ended me back in hospital .. Sleep in back with pillows under your knees and this takes pressure off !! Take it easy !! 8 weeks before I was feeling better x
  • Posted

Use this opportunity to quit ! For yourself and your child .

Yes the pulling sensation is normal . You will feel sore for the first two weeks but it will ease . Key hole is a walk in the park compared to full abdominal surgery ( I have had two ). Be careful picking your son up

• Posted

This depends on whether they managed to take your gallbladder out with keyhole surgery or whether yu had to have the bigger op. If you are out of hospital already and only stayed in overnight sounds like keyhole to me.

This would be 3 weeks, If you had bigger op it would be 6 weeks.

Take it easy, no lifting.

Love Sarah

• Posted

Can we still eat what we used to as im fancying burger meal ent had one in ages or xx
    • Posted

I've been eating a few things i couldnt have before. Best to keep it to a small portion though or you might have some issues and eat it with some fruits and veggies to help move it along quicker
    • Posted

So i should be able to eat burger and fries but a small portion or a big one as im orderin one for tea cuz wen av eat i was in pain a lot before my op xx
  • Posted

If I were you I would stay clear of burger and chips for a while you need to eat low fat for now otherwise you wont be feeling too good.
    • Posted

Thanks and is it normal that i ent been to the loo for num two since op all i.do is wee but not constapated or dnt feel like i need a pooh sorry tmi xx
    • Posted

Well if your not eating much you wont go but if I were you give your GP a ring and ask him/her you dont want to leave it too long before you go on the loo love xxxx
    • Posted

Im Scared to eat and will.do if nothin happens after tomoz my belly makes wierd noises did it before then had diareaha but nothin yet xx

• Posted

I was told to take restoralax if the pain meds backed me up. Didnt have that problem though. Been eating 4-5 small meals a day with at least one protein, one fruit and one veggie serving each time and been having normal bowel movements. Also drink lots. Your body will be going through a lot to heal and dehydration may set in constipating you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.