Gallstones

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I'm hoping someone can help, 18 months ago I was rushed into hospital with gallstones and kept in for a week and sent home! I'm still waiting on a gallbladder removal hoping it will be soon...I feel tired all the time and sweat most days then pain is awfully when it flared up...any advise would be great hope all ok with you all? Julie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Completely avoid eating fats/spicy foods/protein and eat in low quantity. This is the only way to avoid flare up.

In addition to pain do you have other symptoms like bloating,fullness or burping,etc?

• Posted

keep on with your doctor to get sorted, when my pain hit me, i couldnt even walk,stuck it for 3 days, was rushed in had gb removed, sent home next day, even tho ive always eaten healthy, was told my gb was in a bad state, if you have it out soon, make sure you rest well,  all best
  • Posted

Hi Julie, I am six weeks post op and suffered the same painful and annoying attacks whilst waiting for surgery. Try and get some Buscopan. Really helped me with pain. There are loads of good websites with advice on what to eat. I found Caffeine and Alcohol gave me some probs.
  • Posted

Definitely keep pestering your GP and go see them every time you have an attack. Also contact surgical outpatients as that’s too long to be waiting on an appointment. Sounds like someone hasn’t sent a referral in for you to get th surgery! xx
  • Posted

Keep going back to your GP.... It is ridiculous that you are still waiting. Unfortunately, these days if you just sit and wait patiently you are ignored or even forgotten!! 

?ASAP go and complain to the GP OR HOSPITAL...'.Health is Wealth'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.