Gallstones

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have gallstones its not too bad yet ive heard the horror stories my question Is: what was the best treatment? has anyone done a natural clense? And what diet worked for you?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

A natural cleanse prob wouldn't hurt

But your body does this anyway

they will still come back

I had my gallbladder out as a stone got stuck in bile duct & my liver count was nearly 2000, meant to be between 10 & 35 & I jaundice quite dangerous

now I'm fine can eat what I want

until then no fats

NO pizza, battered or fried anything

sum people say chocolate cheese & yoghurt bad Ok for me

Do a good diary& see what works for u

My worst was pizza

OWWWWW

Now I can have 4 slices & no problem

goodluckgoodluck

• Posted

How big are the gallstones..... This matters because if they are 20mm or less they can be dissolved by ursodeoxycholic acid treatment through you doctor. If they are confirmed to be cholesterol type stones they will be dissolved if you take a course of the stated tablets. This treatment increases the bile acid in the gall bladder and therefore dissolves the stones =of type.

It is interesting that 20mm seems to be the cut off point re dissolution of gall stones but I cannot see for the life of me why bigger stones provided they are cholesterol stones cannot be dissolved with a longer course of 'Urso'.

It is advisable to speak to a doctor who is familiar with that treatment because some doctors do not know all there is to know about the treatment.

Apparently a lower dose can be prescribed and taken as a preventative to stop stones recurring or an additional course can be taken if stones recur.

The above is fact and not fiction. In any case it's advisable to research the above on the internet where the USA have better understanding of Gallstone dissolution.

It may be possible to get the gall bladder to flush stones if they are small enough and soft enough by squeezing half a lemon into a third of a cup of very warm olive oil. It is a nasty experience when doing that and a bit of advice is be near the loo when you've drank this concoction because it has explosive results! If you have new stones that are green colour you may see them in the bowl after the explosion. That is if you are not squeemish!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.