Gallstones? kidney stones? or what else could it be

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been out of work sinve oct 5th 2015 i had sinus surgrey done then had high blood pressure comining out of surgrey kept up with the family doctor they refused to put me on bp medicine they sent me for an ultrasound to check the kidneys and they found out i have gallstones and then a week later i was in the ER with terrible stabbing pain in my back and right side loss of appetite and nausea and when i would eat i would take a couple of bites and then i would feel full right away they did another ultrasound and then they found out that i had a kidney stone i passed that kidney stone but still are having the stabbing sharp dull pain in my back and right side, loss of appetite, nausea, when hungry i take a couple of bites and then i feel full and sick, and i started gettting chest pains and the pains hurt worse when i breathe and also am constipated. They just did a CTSCAN but havent heard anything yet on it. Could it be my gallbladder or could it be something else?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katy, it can be your gallbladder, I lost appettite and felt nauseas all the time, it took 2 months for them to figure out my problem because nothing showed up on ultrasound or the scan, I had to get a hida scan and found out I had a deceased gallbladder...so if nothing comes up on the ultrasound for gallbladder have them do a hida scan, those were my exact symptoms. I even lost 10 lbs in Two months and I didn't have the classic hurtful pain that a lot of people complain about mine was just tender and would rotate to my back.... So keep bugging until you get an answer. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Very interesting: I had appendix surgery and ended up with gall bladder problems instantly. Sounds like you need an MRI with contrast to really see what is going on. In my case I reduced my fat intake and got it under control. Surgeon says eventually, I will likely have to have it out. I am trying to avoid it because a certain percentage of people will have diarreha afterwards and have to take medicine on a daily basis to control it. Having crohn's disease I am trying to avoid a wosening of symptoms. Your situation may be completley different though than mine of course. My better half also had to have her gall bladder out and your sympoms sound more like she went thru with the fullness and chest pains/constipation. She had to beg docotrs to take it out and was even tossing her cookis on a regular basis for months. After removal, she is 100% fine with no diarreha. Everyone is different. Like I said, more testing sounds like it is needed. Keep after them. In my case, time seems to have healed and the pain is gone.
  • Posted

Also note, My better half has blood presure problems. Her doctor advised her to lose weight and reduce salt and fat.
  • Posted

it does sound like your gallbladder as i had all the same symptoms then the pain got that bad i ended up being taken in an ambulance to hospital a scan showed i had gallstones and sludhe in my gallbladder
  • Posted

Well cat scan came back and showed I had gallstones like we already new I had and kidney had no stones left so now doctor sending me for a gallbladder functioning test I got for it Monday and hopefully that shows something...thank you guess for all the help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.