gallstones left behind after op ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I had my op 5 weeks ago this tuesday. The last two weeks had a bile problems that is settling on domepridone but still getting pain in  right shoulder blade area and  round righthand side of my ribs is very tender. My dr is wondering if I have some stones left behind . She wants me to see how it goes this week then if no improvment to go have a scan and bloods done. She is wondering if it is still healing taking place from the op. This afternoon i had an episode of very sharp pain just below the Gb area(lasted about 5 mins in total) it made me feel very sick and it still feeling a bit sick  and tender round the right side area. I have noticed my urine has been quite yellow the last few days too. Has anyone any ideas if  this is just normal healing or any experience of stones after the op.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, I think it could just be your healing inside but your GP seems on top of things, I was told that because the gallbladder was removed Bile drips constantly into your small intestine I suffer from D all the time because of it, but I dont get pain where you describe. I hope you get it sorted soon love xxx

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Look at the posts called: phantom gallbladder pain or gallbladder gone, where is the pain coming from.

This can be the next phase of this disease.... Sorry, it will pass.....

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April.

Although I am better than I was things have not completely settled down.

I get quite a lot of constipation and still have to be careful what to eat, nothing too fatty.

One GP said it takes time to settle down it will get better another GP recently said "Oh no you had your allbladder out a long time ago, this could be something different." So I don't know who to believe!!

Hope this settles down for you

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi! Feel the same way too! My Doctor gave me a pain killer though recommend me to use it if it's not tolerable anymore. But lately, i stopped using it. Because it can cause serious harm to my liver and colon. In my opinion, it's part of healing process. because until now i have this gb attacks. and another patient told me that her gb was removed 10 yrs ago but still experiencing gb attacks.

Hope you'll be better soon! & Keep in touch

• Posted

Hi,

I took codine as a pain killer after my op – I was fine with this beforehand but not now – it gave me similar pains to a gallbladder attack and scared me totally, I thought it had all been in vain, my doctor changed this for me and im bouncing along now (fingers crossed) – hope this helps..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.