Gallstones or pancreas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am due to have an ultrasound scan this Friday.  I am worried that if my symptoms are not gallstones related, then they could be pancreas related.  My symptoms are mild abdominal pains radiating to lower and upper back and mild pain under right rib.   Is it dangerous to leave my symptoms like this until Friday?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I do not think there is any danger waiting till Friday.  I've had CP for almost three years and the one thing I encourge people to do is question their physician.  I say this becuase prior to my sugery for CP many doctors in the ER kept telling me that I should not be in so much pain as my enzyme levels were normal.  However, they failed to noticed that I take enzyme supplements as the pancreas cannot produce them in sufficient quantity.  Doctors may know many things, but you know your body better than anyone else.  Good luck.  I hope and pray it goes well for you.
    • Posted

How were you diagnosed with CP?  All my symptoms seem to point to gallstones but of course i won't know for sure until i have my scan.  Sorry for TMI but i do have pale coloured stools (not yellow, but pale).  I know this is a sign of bile problems.  Oh well, at least i haven't got that long to wait now as my scan is this afternoon. 
  • Posted

To diagnose me with CP they did an endoscopic ultrasound by running a light and camaera down my throat to see the inside of the organs.  It is a failry quick procedure about 30 minutes and you do not remember it happening.  From what my GI told me is the CT and MRI can show many things, but will not always pick up the CP.  Good luck.  Most importantly my prayers for you. 
  • Posted

Hi Raffaela,

I don't think you should worry I have a gallstone, cysts and chronic Pancreatist. I know it's easy to say this, but I've been suffering five years, and I can remember the worry and fear.My symptoms a lot of weight loss In a short amount of time, a great amount of pain in my left side under my ribs nausea and various other symptoms. This took a while in hospital to find out why I was suffering so bad. So please don't panic I've given you the worst out come and I'm still here at 64 years old. I'm praying for you that you will have a good result. Corinne 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.