Gallstones pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with having gallstones at the end of November. For the past year and a half have been suffering with what seemed like a permanent stich above my rid cage on the left side. Thought it was down to the fact that i had put on a bit of weight as my boobs had got a bit larger. Anyway had the first major attack in october and I thought it was food poisoning (sausage (pork) and mash dinner). Never knew pain like it. So I cut out pork as it put me off eating sausages etc and then one day at work I had a cheese sandwich and within 20 mins could not breathe as pain was so bad. An ambulance was called and I was taken to hospital but they just gave me a scan and told me to try and manage it Anyways have tried to eat healthily since and have cut out most meat (just eating fish now with veggies).

Today the soreness in my left side is really bad and is tender to the touch. Any suggestion as to what to do? Do you think I should go back to the docs?

I am 47 years of age and have always been in good health up until now.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, went docs waiting for hospital appt. today have a sharp pain right in middle of breast plate. Feels like something is stuck 😩
    • Posted

Oh no, hope you get an answer soon. 

Hope your pain resolves in the meantime. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.