Gallstones pain for 2 days

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I am on the top of the list now to get my gallbladder out but it will be another few months has surgeon all holiday I've had gallstones pains all day for 2 days I've changed my diet exercising still getting it seeing gp monday is it worth mentioning to her painkillers not working

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello , sorry you are hurting. I understand how you feel. What I did to calm down and shorten attacks and pain . Is Apple cider vinegar. A teaspoon of acv into a small glass with warm water and a squeeze of lemon. I just drank it straight though. For I was having attacks all day!. It saved me until my removal. Hope it helps. Good Luck.

• Edited

Blimey you're still waiting!

Sorry to be negative, but I dare say with all this Covid 19 I think there may be more delays.

Yes mention that your painkillers aren't working which I presume are probably Co-codamol which are horrid things for your general health anyway.

Good luck 👍

• Posted

yes I expect it will be the end of the year when I've my surgery come through the pain drifted away now I phone the booking office and explained this to the women on the phone been waiting since August last year

• Edited

Jesus! So even if it happens in a couple of months, that's nine months!

That's absolutely appalling!

The NHS "Backbone of Britain" yeah right!

Fernando has suggested apple cider vinegar, try it, it's supposed to really help Gemma👍

• Edited

I feel your pain Gemma. Those attacks are absolutely horrendous. Unfortunately they only get progressively worse. I had my gallbladder removed in January and can honestly say it will be the best thing you ever do! I actually waited 4 1/2yrs for my surgery. Hopefully you wont have to wait much longer, however with the whole covid-19 scenario it may put a halt on things unfortunately! Try the Apple Cider Vinegar option...I didn't feel it helped but know of others that it helped greatly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.