GALLSTONES?? thought i had gallstones but have been told....

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my first attack of what was thought to have been gallstones about 5 years ago.I had all the symtoms,the excruitating pain in my stomach,back and my right hand side around my rib cage etc.I was sent for an ultrasound scan but they found nothing wrong with my gallbladder,no stones were found present.Just 3 weeks ago I had another attack,i knew exactly what it was,the symtoms were the same as what i experienced earlier a few years before.I went to see my Gp she told me it sounds like gallstones.I explained to her about my ultasound that i had before but they found no gallstones,she said that sometimes they can go un-detected.she gave me omeprazol,i was told to take them for a few to see how i go,unfortunatly the pain got so bad that evening my husband had to call on the on call doctor out to see me,he said the same as my own Gp \"it sounds like gallstones\".He prescribed me sickness tablets and 30mg dihdrocodeine.These seem to ease the pain abit.Today i was sent for another ultrsound and the same thing happened no stones were found!!! I constantly feel bloated and feels like i have something stuck underneath my ribcage on the right side.

i am going to back to see my Gp next week to ask her advice of whats been causing me this pain,i am getting abit worried now incase i have an infection in my gallbladder.

If anyone else can shed any light on my situation i would be grateful for any advice.

also when i had my ultrsound today the radiography scanned my left hand side,but i get pain in the right.is this ususal????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am just the same as you got pain in right hand side and it feels like it is burning, been like this since june 2007 had enough now, had scans everything fine so they say but it cant be to be feeling like this constantly dizzy and tired, been back to docto9rs on thursday they are finally going to refer me to hospital to find out what it is and they sad i will probably end up with my gallbladder out, i hope so anyway cause i cant take this pain anymore
  • Posted

I have had the same symptoms. I had my gallbladder removed in March 2008 and there were no stones found, just inflammation. Four months later I still have the same symptoms, like something jammed under my ribcage with pain and a stinging sensation that sometimes takes my breath away. Now the doctors are testing me for a stomach ulcer. I been put back on Omeprozole and I feel sick all the time and bloated. My original ultrascan showed a polyp in the gallbladder, but there was nothing there when they removed it, only inflammation. The op itself was pretty painful and to no avail as I still feel the same.
  • Posted

The feeling of dizziness/nausea all the time and that you are always \"in a bubble\" is horrid !! The attacks drain the life out of you and make you feel that life is over....and you will never smile and laugh again.....after the op all that goes...a diseased GB is poisoning the system - get it OUT !! :D
  • Posted

You could be suffering from gallbladder inflammation rather than gallstones - did the person doing the scan say that the gallbladder was inflamed at all?

Just come out of hospital with stones blocking duct, but at first they thought I had pancreatitis and apparently the symptoms are very similar to lots of different things so it could be any of them.

As your scan was clear, the consultant should want to do further tests to get to the bottom of things - just because there are no stones doesn't mean your pain has gone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.