gangarine in my gallbladder which turned to sepsis

Posted , 4 users are following.

its been 1 yr jan gone i had severe stomach pain taken into hospital had gallbladder removed since then i have lost 30 kilos as i have no appertite what so ever and tired no energy at all which i suppose is down to not eating i was told by my doctor it will take quite a while to recover from this but almost a yr it is really getting me down nothing at all appeals re food and i love to cook but i throw out a lot more than i eat even bake my own bread which even that is ugh

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Try meal replacement drinks; your doctor may be able to prescribe them. My mum got them from her doctor; we live in the UK.

• Posted

H Pippa tried them just made me feel like throwing up thanks anyway

• Posted

i already have sweetheart the stock answer its going to take time he said i have have a massive shock to my system as it happens i am moving to the peak district tommorrow and i will have to find another doctor so we will have to see thanks again its nice to feel supported for a change and merry xmas to you and your family

• Posted

What about a dietician? You might be able to get some advice there on easily digestible foods. Maybe even try liquidizing vegetables and fruit to build you up.When my mum went off solid food, a liquid diet helped her to put on weight. Milk helped her a lot. It is important to get decent nourishment to speed up your recovery. 'it will take time' is not a helpful response. Keep seeing different doctors because you may find one that will give you some practical tips to help your appetite. Sometimes you have to see several.. If you keep hearing 'it will take time', tell your doctor that you are not satisfied and insist on them actually doing something for you. You are getting fobbed off.

Good luck with your move and a change of doctor. Merry Christmas to you too.

• Posted

Does sound horrible

I am hoping on getting mine taken out soon as it's become very painful

I think these things do take time, I find carbs are the best and bread are just a nightmare in general

But you could have died, the Peak District is lovely so hopefully this helps you

Was it pretty quick the surgery when you were admitted?

Mine wasn't too bad, no stones but much worse and now making all my liver levels go up

Merry Xmas anyway

• Posted

Hi Stevie, so you have gallbladder problems but no stones? what are your symptoms? i still have mine i want to have it remove but my PNP doesn't really suggest to have it removed unless i really experience a very, very painful attack..which bums me out a bit. I've had elevated liver enzymes for several months and then went back to normal. which levels are up for yours?

• Posted

Apologies for the late reply;

• Very painful attacks
      • Upper right quadrant stabbing
      • No fast food
      • Enzymes only 50 + 60
      • Nothing on Ultrasound

Due to have an MRI Scan in the morning though 

• Posted

Hello John, may i ask what are your symptoms before you had yours removed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.