Gap in teeth after scaling; new lump under affected tooth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Last September my dentist scaled the plaque off my teeth. The following months, I got into an unhealthy habit of licking/rolling my tongue through the gap behind my tooth left from the scaling.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a small spot or lump underneath the same tooth. At first I thought it was an ulcer as I had a cold at the time. While I can no longer see it in the mirror, I can still feel it with my tongue. I also can't tell if it has changed in size.

While it is painless, I am a little concerned because I don't know what's causing this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi 82808..Is your lump soft or hard? I had a soft blister like lump on a back molar last year and it lasted a few weeks and then just disappeared.

I've also had an abscess which happened after I got a filling...that was a big white lump.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.