Garlic

Posted , 10 users are following.

when i first joined this forum, i remember some one said when she had been in company who had cold etc (i think Mrs O) she had toast and raw garlic, i take this every day now as i feel it does me good, and touch wood , not to mention tempting fate i dont seem to be bothered with colds.

I have ginger, turmeric, lemon, cinnomon and a few others as well, my OH thinks i mad, but if it works...........

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Margaret, I don't know about that, but I have Zinc each morning to protect myself from colds, seems to work. Thinking positive, staying active with a smile.🙂

• Posted

I believe I mentioned my grandma's prescriptions for cold before... Diced fresh garlic with honey on the toast.. This is why it works? When we are getting a cold, it happens in two stages. First the virus infects tonsils, ( this is why the first sign of the cold is scratchy, painful throat. In the second stage of the cold it spreads to the rest of the body. Now, if you use the garlic and honey immediately when you feel the first sign of the cold, there is a good chance that it will kill the virus and the cold is stopped. Garlic is the active ingredient and honey is there to help garlic to stick in the throat. I use it just before the going to sleep, so it works overnight.

• Posted

l too am taking those supplements (plus a few more) and have so far this year - touch wood - avoided all the bugs. l too think they're helping with avoiding infections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.