Garlic is helping me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello fellow chronic rash suffers

?I feel your pain. I have been taking mega doses of allergy and asthma meds for about three years now and yet I still have had hives from head to toe. Not to mention my eyes keep swelling up! One of may allergy doctors even told me that I she didn't think I have a problem because I am not having trouble breathing!

?I got the Xolair shot a month ago, even. I felt exhausted the day I got it. Got the most horrible cold two weeks later, and I am still not quite recovered from that. My ear plugged up and won't unplug. It didn't seem to help me at all, unfortunately. My hives were way worse this past month. (Not the mention the shot cost $4k), My insurance did cover it, thankfully.

?Anyhoo, the reason for my submission. I read online that raw garlic can help with hives. Why not try it, right? So I took a clove of garlic, chopped it nice and fine, put it on a spoon, and promptly swallowed it like a pill with a glass of water. It is a bit strong, but I will try anything, right?

?I have been doing this a week now, only once a day, (I am sure you could do it more), and I had to share that my hives are 95% better. I just have a few on my arms, but the rest of me is clear!

?I don't usually post to these boards, but I know how awful this condition is, and when the meds aren't working, it feels so hopeless.

?I had to share this with you all in the hopes it helps someone else. I would love to hear if it helps you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Xolair is a 36 month processes that requires diligent monthly scheduling.  It has realy helped my daughter and it took about 6 treatments before she was free of all symptoms.  She is now 18 months into the program and has been free of the debilitating hives that landed her in the ER several times.  In addition she has been off the incredibly high doses of antihistamines that were literally leaving her in a daze.  I highly recommend the Xolair rout if you have insurance and the discipline to see the processes through.  One shot wont do anything you must follow through on the entire processes.  Best of luck.   
    • Posted

Hi Mike, I know you have to take the shot monthly. It took about six weeks for my insurance to get back. I had a $2500 bill that I needed to make sure was covered before I could continue. I plan to get more shots, though in reading forums about the shot, some people seemed to have an improvement with the first shot. Hard to believe one shot costs $4.000.00, though. Crazy!
    • Posted

I have had three xolair shots and the hives are almost gone but i still have to take antihistamines and something is making my hair fall out and joints very sore and i have gained so much weight. they say the xolair and antihistamines make you gain weight.. was this the case with your daughter??
  • Posted

HI dawn im going to try the garlic but does your breath be really bad 
  • Posted

i love garlic but with taking it like that everyday how do you deal with the smell of garlic on you.. I love it but i do take garlic tabs everyday the tasteless odorless ones as  i burped the other kind up daily.. so happy it is working for you .. My xolair shots did not start working till my third one but i am gaining so much weight .. I dont know where to turn now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.