Gassy stomach

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! 

I'm 17 year old male and i have problems with constipation. I'm very skinny and i don't eat very properly, i usually forget to eat and when i eat then many times junkfood, also i forget to drink water. So my problem actually started in summer, i had first constipation what lasted for 5 days, i took laxatives got it normal, but i travelled that time and i usually dont find pooping comfortable in other places and EVEN when some people are at my home (i know it's all in my head), so i had almost entire summer occasional constipation and i took laxatives. September started and school started so things were'nt so bad because of regularity, but my stomach was still very gassy. Now, i had school break and first thing i got was constipation because i started to wake up later. From summer until now my stomach has been gassy all the time and i know that's not normal. Doctor said that i have to eat regularly, but its quite hard for me to accomplish. And because of that i have probably hemorroids, seems they are not very large because they have been painful maybe 3 times. But I'm still worried, this is not normal. But the poop is normal light-brown little bit dry, but when i had constipation i pushed hard which isn't good too and only pencil thin poop came out and later when i fixed the problem poop was in normal size, but thin poo usually means conol cancer and that's freaking me out, most of the time the poo is in normal size and colour even if i've had constipation before. Cancer freaks me out a lot because my old class-mate died just months ago because of cancer.

Should i contact with doctor again?

Are these symptoms for cancer?

What you do to prevent constipation?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

And also my stomach feels full and it feels like some poop stays inside after pooping.
  • Posted

Ben,

1. Diet to Help Prevent Constipation - Eat 1-2 apples per day, eat 1 bowl of shredded wheat and/or whole bran cereal per day, eat fresh salads & greens, drink 6-8 glasses of liquid per day...,In most cases, this diet will clear-up your constipation.

2. Continue to see your doctor and make sure you mention all your medical symptoms  to him...

3. Colon Cancer - There are tests and/or biopsy the doctor can perform to determine  if you have colon cancer....

GOOD LUCK!..

• Posted

It is highly unlikely you have colonic cancer. You are being your own worst enemy by not eating a balanced diet and your body is telling you that. It is worth starting to eat properly now rather than building up problems in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.