Gastric band

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was referred in February I just got an appointment to see a dietition I have copd, sleep apnea, I don't want to look good I just want to be able to walk I have a really bad back how long will I be waiting I got referred for breathing problems.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it varies from area to area but if you are going down the NHS route and n ot self funding be prepared for a lengthy wait before you actually get any surgery because you will need to jump through many  hoops such as satisfying the team that you are committed and are a suitable ca ndidate for such an op - it might be that a band might not be the best type of wgt  loss surgery considering your health status but all of this would be discussed with you over a period of time - you might have to lose a given amount of weight before being considered  too - in the meantime what I would say would be a good idea would be to do some research into the various types of wgt loss  surgery - look at the negatives and positives as they all have pros and cons and what can be an advantage to one person  cou ld be a disadvantage to another person - if there are any support groups in your area that would be a good place to actually chat to people who are actually living with the various types of surgery available and if they have had their op at the hosp which you will be under they could poss give you an idea of waiting times - another option would be to do some research online - WLSinfo would be such an organisation which would be able to help in that respect - the fact that you have got an appointment to see dietician means that you are finally in the system so good luck with that and I hope everything goes well for you with the result that you want

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.