Gastric band booked in 4 weeks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I am new to the forum and was hoping to get a few questions answered. I have my op booked in about 4 weeks. I am having a gastric band. Can you tell me if you still feel hungry after the op but before the first fill? thanks Fran

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Fran,

I was 17.5 stone when I had my band fitted a

5 yrs ago am now 14.2 stones. Found it hard to lose an weight further. Had 6ml Infil have just had 1 ml taken out because all I could eat was mash potato, biscuits, and anything mushy for 5 yrs. This is very anti social have not been able to eat a decent meal since having it done, two mouthfuls of any food would come back. Aftercare was awful. Just had to pay £150 for a defill! I feel ten times better now that I can eat a decent meal low calorie I might add, just be careful And chew chew chew if you don't you will throw up. Good luck

• Posted

Third day post op. Not doing great on fluids. Anyhow nurse advised on warm fluids. Two cups of bachelor's chicken soup went down well. Only thing it is a bit salty. Think I my warm my juices and water and see how those work.

• Posted

you could make your own s oup and season it to your own preference if you findĀ  tinned soup too salty
    • Posted

Chuffed that I actually started on my journey to the newer ME. O5/08/20 - rebirth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.