Gastric band...brilliant 😊😊😊😊

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I had my band fitted in January this year and everything is working as it should. I have 6ml in the band which can hold 14ml. Since I had my last fill a month and a half ago I've lost 12lbs. My weight loss has been steady and on going since I started the pre and post Op diet and in total, I've lost 4 stone and have gone from a size 26 to a size 20. The band does work if you work with it. If you experience pain when you eat, then eat smaller mouthfulls and chew for longer. Don't gulp water, drink it in sips and all throughout the day to keep hydrated. Walking and swimming are the best excersises and having a positive attitude will work wonders.

Good luck to all those who are beginning their journey...be patient it will happen. 😊😊😊😊

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joanna

If its worked well for you would love to have some tips from you of what and how much and how often your eating drinking etc

Thank you

• Posted

Hi good to hear ur experience. I had my band fitted in March, had 2 fills so now have 6ml in a 10ml band. 2nd fill was A few days ago and boy can I notice a difference now!!!

Really have to remember to eat small mouthfuls and to eat slowly, it's a learning curve, had some pain after eating yesterday, wasn't good. really hopin to see a difference now as the weight has started to creep back on sad

Am trying to up my exercise, have been out cycling and swimming but really have to learn to control my chocolate addiction. That would make a huge difference!

Would love to hear ur tips too x

• Posted

Good to hear this, I had mine fitted on Tuesday and I'm out of sorts on the fluid post op diet. Β I just want to eat real food. Β When did you start excersing? I cant wait to get back to normal.

Many thanks

• Posted

I have a slimfast or Weetabix on the go for breakfast, half a cup of home made soup mid morning. Protein rich lunch and then tea, coffee or hot chocolate mid afternoon. I walk during my lunch break and then have my main meal on a small plate at about 6pm. I drink water or innocent juice throughout the day. My portions are very small about 2 tablespoons in total, plenty of salad and veg to make the portion look bigger than it is.
  • Posted

Oh, Joanna, that's so good to hear. There seem to be a lot of negative experiences on this discussion board, and I was beginning to wonder whether I had done the right thing. I had my band fitted on 31st March, did well in pre op diet and lost ten kg, but have only lost about another 3 kg since. However, I had my first fill this week and am feeling the effects which is brilliant. Feeling more hopeful now. I've gone from size 28 to a size 24, so its all in the right direction.
    • Posted

I lost weight at a steady rate and have noticed that since my last fill (have had 4 fills in total) that the weight loss seems more rapid now. I dont get hungry very often (about once a day) and do feel the best I've done in a long time. For me, my size was my comfort blanket and losing it has had its effects. I feel a little sad sometimes..(crazy, I know) but I soon get over it and remember the benifits. I think it's normal to feel like that sometimes...that's the only negative thing that's happened.
  • Posted

I had my band done January this year. I needed 5 band fills and now at 7.8ml's to get my band just right. It has taken nearly 6 months. at one point I was really worrid it would not work. I had lost 1stone of weight with the pre-op and post-op diet, I put on 5lb after easter( my fault as I had loads of chocolate). I've lost 6lb in the last 4 weeks now the band is at its correct restriction. I dont want to eat at all in the mornings, I can still eat bread but not much and I find potato hard work so I have butternutt squash instead. I save my breakfast for the evening as this is when I get hungry. Well done on your weght loss Joanna.
  • Posted

Well done on your weight loss - bet you feel great - 4 dress sizes lower - fab! I am being banded tomorrow- nervous but excited! I've had some really good advice so far and reading people's post is giving me hope - good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.