Gastric Band - Hungry

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

I had my band fitted on 20th Feb and recovery was amazing, no wind pain or side effects at all.

Was on solids week 2, did feel some restriction but over time it's now gone and im finding myself able to eat the same as before op, in terms of food portion etc.

Is this normal? I'm trying to cut back still but feel I could easily eat a normal size portion and no feeling of restriction at all?

My first fill is April 1st, will this start the ball rolling as my weight loss has platue'd

Xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

In my experience this Is completely normal, and tbh even after my 1st fill I've not got much restriction. I've been trying hard to count calories (the my fitness pal app is great!) so still managing to lose weight slowly by sticking to 1300 a day. I've found in the past pre band that I could stick to a low calorie diet for a few months before my willpower gave up so I'm hoping that this will keep me going until the band fills work.

Hope this helps.

Ax

• Posted

I was going to say exactly the same as the last reply.

I had my band fitted early Jan.

I was starving within about 2 weeks lol.

But its a good sign as it means your tum is healing well.

I found i could eat almost anything apart from bread.

I have had 1 band fill and dont really feel much restriction. Im struggling and gavent lost anything for a month. Havent put on either tho, so thats something. Really hoping this second band fill makes a difference..

Keep going and think of the goal. X

• Posted

I seem ok with wraps and light bread but meat is my enemy, any form even in small tiny bites gets stuck and I get the dreaded gullet pain and comes straight back up! X
    • Posted

I havent tried tuna. Seems too dry to go down i think!

I have had to learn to chew chew chew, and wAit for each mouthfull to go down. Makes me realise how much i wAs shovelling in before!

Hows your weight loss?

Im at a standstill. 😖 x

• Posted

I was really surprised that I was able to have roast beef on Sunday without any bother at all. Chicken is on too. I usually have gravy with it though. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.