Gastric band surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Im considering gastric band surgery and have my first consultation next week any advice please? xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do it I had mine done last week it can be hard but the op isn't as bad as think and I lost two stone pre op 😄
    • Posted

Ah thank you! How long did you have to wait from 1st consultation till op? So glad your doing well
  • Posted

I also have my first one next week. Eeek! So I will follow this thread with interest. Lol. Who are you going with? I cant actually hablve opp till Aug because of work etc but wanted to start the process now while im so positive about the whole thing :-) good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Glynis

I also had my op last week. I have lost 1st 2lbs so far since pre op diet and I feel great I was back at work after 3 days (desk job) smile the op is not that bad and believe me I was petrified lol.

I have wanted this for 10 years but wasn't big enough to get it done on nhs so after much deliberation I finally decided to go for it and went private with healthier weight at the spire hospital manchester. I can whole heartedly recommend the team there they have been fantastic.

Good luck with it and keep us all posted smile x

• Posted

Wow thats brilliant you have so so well! keep it up. I'm going private as well, can you tell me how long you had to weight from 1st consultation to op please. Ive had a weight problem all my life and finally realise this is the way forward after trying everything else. xx
    • Posted

I went for the consultation And 6 weeks later I had the op I'm sure you can do it just after 2-4  weeks but depends on Bmw etc x
    • Posted

I am the same, it's been a lifelong battle ive been everything from a size 8 to a size 24 and back n forth so many times it's exhausting. I can get the weight off but can never keep it off!

I was 3 weeks from consultation to op could have been less but I had to organise funds.

Who are you going with? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.