Gastric Emptying Scan..have you had one?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. Scheduled for Gastric Emptying Scan. Have you had one? Would love to hear your inputs on what to expect.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you are talking about endoscopy. A 2-3 min of bit of discomfort mainly in the throat. However since they apply anaesthesia, it's not that troublesome .

• Posted

i had one. very easy and simple. you eat a meal that has a certain dye in it. they then put you under a sort of MRI machine and monitar how fast the food leaves the system. no IV no nothing VERY simple

• Posted

Thank you very much Jennaf1045 for the info I really appreciate it. Is the MRI standing or laying down? I was told the test takes 4 hours?

• Posted

the MRI is a lay down machine. you may feel a little claustrophobic because the machine will be very close to you for 4 hours. nothing to worry about, they normally turn on the tv for you and they make the room warm so if youd like you could also take a little cat nap 😃)

• Posted

and as matter of fact ive had several of these done. i fell asleep each time 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.