Gastric problems.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all.

It's been a while since I posted on here but I have been keeping up on all posts. I was wondering if anyone else has to take Omeprazole for acid. I have been on it now for a while (20mg). How do you feel when on it. Do you have any side effects. My doctor wants to increase my dose to 40mg but I'm very reluctant to. The doctor has suggested an endoscopy which terrifies me. I worry that I've got an ulcer ( I'm sure unnecessarily!!) but it has set my health anxiety off. This peri sure is hard going.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all.

Helen.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Helen,

gastric issues seem to be common. I take omnepazole now with no side effects and I am having an endoscopy done on 19th. I've had a colonscopy before and its the same thing but other end lol. You won't feel anything. Since I've had gastric problems for the last 2 years, I feel better having my tummy checked. You may feel better if you have it and find out there is nothing wrong smile

• Posted

Hi Nancy. Thanks for this. I think I will see doc next week. I just don't fancy the endoscopy.

Helen.

• Posted

I know hun but my daughter had one in her early 20's and said its no big deal at all. You are sedated and feel nothing. You more than likely have nothing wrong but acid refux. Anxiety can bring it on but it will give the doctor a course of action to help you smile
  • Posted

Helen,

gastric issues seem to be common. I take omnepazole now with no side effects and I am having an endoscopy done on 19th. I've had a colonscopy before and its the same thing but other end lol. You won't feel anything. Since I've had gastric problems for the last 2 years, I feel better having my tummy checked. You may feel better if you have it and find out there is nothing wrong smile

• Posted

Hi Helen

i have just come off Omesprozle, I too had really bad acid for no reason, so had a endoscopy (make sure you get sedated, you can't remember anything , it really is nothing to be afraid of when you go for the sedation, your not asleep but very drowsy) it turned out I had h Pylori, had the avid tablets with antibiotics and it cleared up, still suffered a if but not as bad, and it ended up been the anxiety that was causing the acid, I now have the anxiety under a better control so no longer need the omesprozle. I was also on 40mg it is safe to take because I asked the pharmacist about it, please don't worry and the endoscopy will settle your mind once you gave had it xx

• Posted

Hi Sue

Thanks for the reply. As I said to Nancy I don't fancy the endoscopy. Terrified they might find something but I suppose it would be better to have. Funnily enough I've only noticed the stomach problems more since the doctor suggested one!

Helen.

• Posted

The consultant who did mine Helen, said it was definitely anxiety related and he was right, the less I worry and stress the acid problem goes, I wish you all the best, the good thing with the endoscopy they tell you straight away, you don't after wait for any results, your better finding out because if there is anything it can be treated and you can start to feel normal again xx
    • Posted

I am suffering from acid in tummy as well. Started off as a gnawing in stomach then went to nausea and now no appetite. It has brought on anxiety where I tremble and urinate allot. Went to urgent care they tested for pylori bacteria and its negative. I bet this is all stress . Worried that it's ulcers as well. They prescribed Pepcid so just started that last night but it takes 5 days to kick in . I just don't feel right and can't sleep and fast heart rate. Seeing my dr next week but that is too long. I'm not into medication lol but desperate . What did you do for your anxiety?? Thanks blessings hope everyone gets better!!!
    • Posted

Hi Teresa

i got a herbal remedy called Batch flower for anxiety and panic attacks, us all natural and doesn't interfere with anything and is completely safe, it has been my miracle cure, just 6 drops a day and I feel like a different person, it's not cheap but it sure as worked for me, I wouldn't be without it now , if you google it it comes up xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing ! I might try this!! Thanks so much it's so nice when someone else understands !!!smile
    • Posted

I just ordered some. Will give it a try. Hope it helps. I believe all my issues stem from anxiety. If I can nip it in the bud then all of these other symptoms will disappear too especially the tummy troubles.
    • Posted

Hi sharcerv

within the first week of taking this I noticed a difference,  it's also got great reviews, I've just ordered some more myself, let me know how you go on with it. Just out of interest have you been tested for h pylori for the acid. Xx

• Posted

My son was diagnosed with H-Pylori - he is 18, and still has to take omeprazole and zantac every day. I have had gastric problems for years and have had an endoscopy and colonoscopy. They are not too bad - the waiting around worrying about it is worse than the procedure itself, and having the sedation is a very good idea. I take zantac every day and have taken omeprazole, and they do help.
    • Posted

Ursulauc

has the h Polyri not gone on your son, I got re tested about 9 months after the antibiotics and was clear, now I don't need them, but the consultant that did my endoscopy did say mine was down to anxiety xx

• Posted

Hi, he was still having symptoms so he was sent for an H-Pylori breath test. He had had the antibiotics and seemed to get better, but then some stomach problems came back. Anything more sinister has been ruled out, so its more likely down to GERD and stress and anxiety about his exams, so he is taking the medication for now. I have had IBS since my twenties, so the poor thing has probably got my tendency to stomach problems!
    • Posted

Awwww yes I agree it will be the stress and anxiety, yes I have ibs too, were once again anxiety triggers, he may start feeling better when the exams are out of the way xx
    • Posted

Hey Sue!

Do you have to take it every day or is it on an as needed basis?

• Posted

I took it everyday to start with, and then as and when, it does say for best results take every day, I took it everyday for 4 weeks and then didn't need any, I have ordered some more just in case xc
    • Posted

Okay. I really think anxiety has triggered so many other issues as well especially the digestive issues. Hopefully the Bach remedy will work. I will let you how it turns out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.