Gastric reflux gotten worse very quickly - endoscopy next week! Need some advice :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I did put a post a few weeks ago. Since got worse and worse.

3rd different set of tablets have helped ease with the horrible reflux, although it's still there every day just not as bad!

I have since had a very bad chesty cough with a throat that feels like I'm constantly swallowing sand!

I have woken this morning with a very sore throat that feels very narrow and sore.

This along side other things.

I have been tested for h-pylori - negative

Had book tests done last week and referred for endoscopy next week and scan today in fact.

Why is my throat so bad? I feel I've just deteriorated over 5 weeks. Regardless of medication.

I am a fit and healthy 32 yr old. (Runner) X

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, the acid might be coming up your esophagus into your throat making it sore, My dog has IBD & gets real bad acid reflux & gets sore throat every now & then he takes 10mg Losec every morning now & Metrondiazole when the acid gets real bad it means hs Helicobacter-Pylori  has come back & taken over ....When I go to sleep, I have to sleep with about 4 pillows & a horse shoe pillow to prop myself up so I'm sitting but lying on a bit of a slant, if I go to sleep laying flat I wake up through the night with acid coming up into my mouth, it's awful feeling like I'm choking & then I have an awful taste of acid in my throat & I can't get rid of it, a dry biscuit or breadseems to push the acid back down then I go back to sleep I take Somac, have you tried a few Pump Proton Inhibitors? they stop you making Hydrocloric acid (Stomach Acid)...I take 40mg Somac before breakfast then another 40mg Somac 20mins before dinner.. 

• Posted

The various medication for acid reflux is good at reducing acd but not reflux.

Your problems are due t the reflux which needs to be addressed by lifestyle choices if possible and if not by surgery.

Whilst medication makes the reflux less dangerous, non-erosive reflux can ravel the full coloumn of the oesophagus and breach the upper sphincter whence it may apirate into the respiratory system causing the cough etc.

Visit the free book / website www DownWithAcid org uk and read the section on reflux - particularly the chapter on extra-oesophageal reflux (LPR) and the succeeding chapters on reflux management techniques.

• Posted

Hi Chrissy. I was following some other posts from 11-12 months ago. You were discussing shortness of breath, limp feeling in throat. Exactly the kind of stuff I am dealing with now. I am also a runner. I'm afraid to run. Gp says anxiety. Which I have and am aware could be symptoms. Just saw cardiologist and internist. Blood pressure was a bit high and they wa t me to take meds. Blood work not back yet, but after reading some of your thread. I certain found commonality. How are you doing. Hope you are feeling better and I'd love to hear your story and thoughts.

Thanks and good health,

BenK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.