Gastric Sleeve Surgery through the NHS. What can I expect?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I'm just starting off on my weight loss journey and would love some advice as to what to expect along the way. Experiences or stories etc of people who have or are going through the same thing. I'm hoping for the

end result to be gastric sleeve surgery, which will be carried out on the NHS.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI there,

At present the NHS has a Twelve week plan to help loose weight as well as some areas offering free access to slimming world. Talk to your local GP service. you can ask to speak to a practice nurse and ask for a referral to the nearest service.

I know people who have lost many stones on the slimming world plan and not needed surgery. One person I know lost 10 stones.

Hope that helps

Beverley

• Posted

hi beverley

im actually on the aintree loss program, i have my first appt on the 18th so was wondering if anybody else was on the same program

ive been to slimming world and ww so many times and ive lost and put on STONES so i know my problem is greed, hence the surgery

but thankyou for replying 😃

• Posted

Ah, ok,

I haven't been on that plan or know anyone who has been on it so cannot help with that unfortunately, hope you get some replies that can though.

Good luck,

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.