Gastritis..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am 27 and went to the er yesterday because i was having aweful stomach pains normally i take pepto and everything is fine but i could not handle the pain amymore. the dr said it is gastritis.

I can hardly eat and have gotten 0 sleeep for about 2 weeks now. All i really wanna do is sleep. Well and for the pain to go away but mostly i want to sleep longer then an hr or so a day.

I just want to cry.. so far all i can do is lay here with my eyes closed and rest but not fall asleep..

Any information and advice would be great

Even if you just can listen to me..

Anyway thank you to anyone that helps!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

H jenna38951

Keep a food diary and see what foods cause the pain..

• Posted

How did the pain started? What is the location of the pain? And can you describe how the pain feels?
    • Posted

It comes and goes in mu upper abdomen and it is dull and achy but it has gotten worse
    • Posted

Try slippery elm and/or psyllium husk, see if it works for you. It sure will soothe your stomach but I cant say how much it will ease your pain because its different for everyone. Eat organic yogurt aswell.

If its not severe pain then the problem is anxiety thats keeping you awake. Do not worry there are a lot of completely reversible stomach conditions that cause severe pain in your stomach so dont worry about it but do request your doc to do further testing.

• Posted

Avoid rich, spicy and fatty foods and keep a food diary.   Eat blandly and eat little but often.  Avoid heavy meals and don’t eat late at night.  Ask for a PPI to protect your stomach lining from acid.  Milk is also very soothing because it is alkaline.
  • Posted

Hi jenna

I completely understand what you’re going through!I was diagnosed with gastritis beginning of January after I had an endoscopy.

Before that I had horrible indigestion pain,  sometimes intestinal cramping and would feel pain going  through to my back.

Are you taking anything such as a omerprazole  for the acid? Talk to your doctor about that.

It was weird but is soon as I had the endoscopy, the horrible indigestion went away although if I eat the wrong thing, I still get mild uncomfortable feeling between my ribs in the front. 

have you had any testing done?  Abdominal ultrasound? Bloodwork? It’s good to confirm that it’s gastritis. 

One thing that has helped me a lot is staying away from acid forming foods and eating mostly alkaline foods. Some of the worst acid forming foods are red meat, pop, caffeine. You can find a list of both types of food online. Eat smaller frequent meals rather than three large ones.

for instance I will make a salad with avocado, tomato, broccoli and cauliflower bits, and maybe a little bit of shredded chicken. All these foods are alkaline,  including the tomato because it turns alkaline in the body,. The chicken is slightly acidic but the other foods balance it out.

Lemon actually turns alkaline in the body so I will also drink a glass of water with lemon.

It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor again  about what to do or get another opinion so that you don’t have to be in constant pain.

We are here for you and let us know how you are  doing! 🌸🌸🌸🙂

• Posted

Hi jan34534 can you private message me please?
    • Posted

Hi

They did an ultra sound and blood work in the er and found nothing. The dr gave me 20mg of pepsid and said to take it for 2 weeks but it has not helped any yet.

I have an appointment with my pcp tomorrow. I hope he can be of more help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.