Gastritis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a scope done two years ago and it showed mild antral gastritis with lesions. The Dr said the lesions were very small and the gastritis was nothing to worry about. Now two years later i have a swelling under my left rib near the center of my body. I have bad pain when bending or sitting forward. I am waiting to go fir another scope as an ultrasound was clear. Does anyone know if gastritis could cause the swelling?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

What has your doctor suggested about the swelling under your left rib? Wait for your next scope to see if that gives you answer.

• Posted

Gastro Consultant thought the pain was Gastritis but has no idea about swelling. The GP has no idea what the problem is so i cant see another doctor as i would need my GP to refer me to someone.

• Posted

Ask your GP to refer you to another doctor who may have a better idea what the swelling is.You should have no problem seeing someone else if you ask your GP to arrange it for you.

• Posted

Hi Sharon. I have suffered Gastritis and Duodenitis off and on for the last 2 years as well as 6 Stomach Ulcers and a Hiatus hernia since I was 25, and I am now 61. I have never had any sort of swelling that could be felt or visible with it. I have been In constant, varying degrees of abdominal pain, for the last 7 years and I am still having test as they are not sure what's causing it. I had Nissans Fundoplication.op about two years ago to tighten my stomach valve. Like you, I have pain when I bend over, lean backward or forwards, lift heavy shopping bags, do the ironing and many other thing that pull on my stomach. I am having Mammontry test in June to measure the acid in my stomach. They did offer me a Gastrectomy, but the thought of having half of my stomach out was horrible. Thankfully I have another Surgeon now who says he has other ideas. perhaps further test will explain what this is. Good luck.

• Posted

When you had your stomach valve tightened, nerves might have been disturbed and caused neuralgia. I got neuralgia from a simple blood test.

• Posted

Hi when you had gastritis and duodenitis did anything show up in your blood work, or ultrasounds, how was it diagnosed?

• Posted

That is possible, but I only had the op 2 years ago and I have had the constant pain in stomach for 7 years. The op on my valve only worked 25% and only now my Gastroenterologist have admitted that it failed. I told them that in the beginning. My G.P. also said it could be neuropathic pain. I still have to have more tests. With a protruding lump it could be a Hernia. You definately need more tests. Don't let them fob you off.

• Posted

Hi Sarah.no, they did not show up on an ultrasound or blood test. I only found out when I had the Gastroscope put down my stomach. There was an Ulcer there as well. The pain was really bad and it's not much different now.

• Posted

It can take time for neuropathy to develop. My first neuropathic injury took 6 months to appear and the second one started immediately after the injury.

• Posted

Hi did anything show up in your blood work or other tests?

• Posted

I recently had an abdominal ultrasound and there was an incidental problem with the left kidney. Dr says it could be something or nothing. Vitamin D and B12 are low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.