gastritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have just had a gastroscopy and been diagnosed with gastritis and had a biopsy for H.pylori. I suffer with pain in the upper abdomen and have been diagnosed with PBC (Primary Bilary Cirrohsis) I am trying to lose weight and follow a sensible low fat diet with Slimming World, I am struggling to lose weight, can anyone offer any suggestions apart from obvious exercise. i have a very stressful job and work fulltime. I am currently taking acid tablets for the PBC.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jackie32 - like you, I have been diagnosed with gastritis after having a gastrocopy yesterday lunchtime. When you had your gastroscopy, did you suffer with a painful scratchy throat afterwards and, if so, how long did it last?
  • Posted

Hi

Yes I have a scratchy throat for about a day and afterwards i had a bad stomach ache low down for a day or so, then i went to the doctors and got some new medication Omeprazole theyare really helping with all the acid. Hope this helps

• Posted

dont suffer in silence go back to your doctors-good luck
  • Posted

Hi jackie32,

thanks for your replies. The sore throat has cleared up now thank goodness. How long did it take for the omeprazole to start working? I'm on omeprazole now and just wondered how long it might take before I start feeling better?

• Posted

Hi

It worked more or less straight away for me, but do still suffer some stomach pains from time to time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.