GASTRITIS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Can anyone tell me if they have ever had gastritis and how they coped with it and what meds they took for it x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I'm just recovering from it just now, I was told by doctor just plenty of fluids and rest. I'm getting there
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I am drinking lots of water and taking lanzoporole and gaviscon. x
  • Posted

I have had it for over a year. I am taking Panthropozole 40mg in the morning at least 45 minutes before eating anything. Other than that, stop coffee, soft drinks and spicy foods. Some things will still set it off, but that's the best plan we've had so far. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply .I have stopped eating dairy and I never eat spicy foods anyway and I dont drink coffee but I do drink tea but have cut down on it I am taking lanzoporole 300mg twice a day and also gaviscon. cant beleive you have had it for 1 year... My god I hope mine doesnt last that long.do you get much pain
  • Posted

I'm recovering from it now. I have to be honest, I didn't take any of the PPI's or other prescribed antacids. I just didn't like the possible side effects. Basically I stuck to the bland diet(chicken, rice, fish, veggies and fruit) a tums poor shot of mylanta here and there. I started taking a one a day probiotic. I'm feeling almost normal again. No more burning, or pressure in my chest and back.
    • Posted

hi april..mylanta is anot available here in our locality, I am also a strong believer of the side effects of synthetic meds..thus I go for all natural..but that doesn't mean that I need to slice a papaya, everyday..or obtain fennel seeds and cardamom.. there are also natural products pack and revolutionized,specially for chronic constipation. great day.. let's go natural!
    • Posted

I'm with you threena58977!!! I think I will try the papaya as well.
    • Posted

yipeeeeeeeee! my new found friend.. smile we will be together in our quest to find the best natural remedy for chronic pain..and other conditions.. I myself am a witness of how these natural remedies helped my mama who suffered from cancer..though she is already with the Lord in heaven.I must say that she lived an almost pain free cancer.
    • Posted

Hi April I am so pleased you are feeling better now thanks for letting me know what things to eat x
  • Posted

hi joycemadine.. inflamed lining,may also contain wounds..I am really not an expert on gastritis however I know that cardamon conatins substances that can naturally heal digestive wounds..that woud be a good  start..and eat healthy smile
    • Posted

yes.. that is good.. natural is good.. however if you can't find the herb,try to look for natural supplements or products which has cardamom.. will help you also..Great day ahead!
  • Posted

Hi,

i was was never fully diagnosed with gastritis but I believe that was what I had. I had real trouble with my GP diagnosing me and sending me for tests and it was just a case of trying certain medications. I started on omeprazole which after a while stopped working, then I was put on ranitidine and lansoprazole which again worked for a while and then stopped working. Fortunately my symptoms died down so for the moment i am not on anything apart from prochlorperazine for the nausea but only take that as and when I need it. I used to take a swig of gaviscon before bed and that help with the heartburn. As for coping mechanisms, I struggled sleeping at night when it was really bad and j used to colour or play a game on my iPad to take my mind off of things to the point I was so tired I would fall asleep instantly. I hope this helps and good luck 

• Posted

Good luck to you as well Charlotte hope things get easier for you .I find some days are worse than others I have tried staying of dairy foods and I think it is helping a bit xx
  • Posted

Hi. I was diagnosed in my early 20's (now 35). I take regular lanzoprozole and avoid acidic and spicy foods. I always make sure I eat little and often and also try to avoid stress as this always sets it off. I haven't had an endoscopy for some years now but was told by the doc that it is very common in young women. Hope this helps and you start to feel better soon. x
    • Posted

I am waiting for an appointment for endoscopy . thanks for your reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.