gastritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I've had gastritis for 5 months now and last week after another ct scan I was told I now have an enlarged spleen. I'm wondering if anyone else has this combo? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Splen enlarged? You will have more blood tests done and imaging. (blood test for inflammation markers, blood for specific infections like mononucleosis, toxoplasmosis, total red/white/platelets count, liver parameters, rheumatoid diseases....) 

often makes no symptoms, but when found by accident during imaging, it needs to be checked out for its cause, which can be very harmless, but needs to be checked.

• Posted

Thanks for replying Sanya. I have had some blood work done that came back positive for inflammation. We just can't find an infection but I'm still in the process. I go back to the my GI on the 15th and I'm guessing he will do more extensive blood work now hopefully.

• Posted

Hi both could be unrelated. Do you know the cause of your gastritis
    • Posted

Hello Leni. I have no clue what's causing my gastritis. The doctors I've seen can't relate it to anything yet.

• Posted

Have you had a test to see if it's caused by a bacterial infection? H pylori is usually the main cause of inflamed stomach. Do you take drugs often like NSAIDs ? . Maybe you should have a EGD to check your stomach and test for that. I hope you find an answer soon. I've been struggling with gastritis for 7 months now and mine is caused by the bacteria h pylori. Bile reflux can also be a reason. Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.