Gastritis

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with gastritis due to H.pylori. Blood test for H.pylori antibodies is positive with 3.09 U/ml. I've never had gastritis before. Is this number of antibodies too high? Because at 1.1 U/ml isI have been given as positive while mine is much higher. I've been prescribed clarithomycin (250 mg) amoxycillin (500 mg) esomeprazol (40 mg) metronidazole (400 mg). Amoxycillin is to be taken 3 times a day and the rest twice a day. I am 23 year old female with weight of 40 kg.

Since starting the medicine I've been getting very sick. Vomiting is the main issue. I can't lay down because I start coughing and then vomit. The vomit is very acidic. My mouth gets extremely sour after vomiting. There is no nausea and the only warning for vomiting is the cough. Since these vomitings I feel like my throat is scratched. My doctor said treatment for gastritis is very painful and this is normal.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update: I've adjusted to the antibiotics and don't have the same problems anymore. However I still can't eat meat as it makes me sick. My doctor said I need to take these medicines for 1 more month. Antibiotics for this long? Will I have any adverse effects later because of such intense medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.