Gastritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having issues with some nausea and little to no appetite. I literally only had a piece of toast today, around 9 this morning. I have not been vomiting and no diarrhea or fever. I went to an urgent care today and he suggested I have gastritis. Of course I got this mixed with the stomach bug but apparently they are different? He really didn't explain to me what the difference of the two were, he just prescribed Prevacid and sent me on my way. He did not do any tests besides my vitals and a Urine sample. I am going to get a second opinion from my primary care provider, but in the meantime what's everyone's experience with gastritis and does it sound like it's something I may have? I really thought I had the stomach bug, but I've developed no fever, I'm not throwing up and no diarrhea. Just very tired, a little weak (probably from not eating) and some nausea here and there. I'm doing my best to take in liquids as well, but it's probably not as much as I really should be getting.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My doctor also said I had gastritis, (which I have been so skeptical about because the symptoms just doesn't fit) do you lose appetite because of stomach pain? I vomitted the first two days they said I had it but I never lost appetite.

• Posted

No pain in the stomach. Not that I noticed anyways. Just awful nausea in the begining, and absolutely no appetite. But my stomach is gurgling with a hunger sensation so it may be coming back, I may just be scared to eat fully right now because I'm scared of feeling nauseas again which is awful

• Posted

Were you given an endoscopy to confirm gastritis and what stomach bug did you confuse it with?

• Posted

I wasn't, I only went to an local urgent care and I don't think they perform those. I still need to follow up with my regular dr as well. But based on symptoms I gave him that's what he said it sounds like I have. And there is a really bad case of the stomach bug going around right now, of course I work in a hair salon, so I work with a lot of clients and coworkers, and it's been making its rounds to almost everyone. That's why I was worried I may be next. But no fever and no vomiting. I'm not sure which Strain of virus that it is.

• Posted

Perhaps go back to your doctor if you are no better after a week.  Ask to be referred for a second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.