Gastritis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope I'm in the right dicussion.  My gastro Dr. gave me Sucralfate for gastritis.  I also take one OTC Nexium  in the morning.   He suggested I try this for 6 wks.  If it doesn't help I'll have an endoscopy.  3 weeks and it's not doing.  Have any of you been on Sucralfate?  I take 2 a day but can take up to 4.  Also in your  opionion  is there something that works for you better than Nexium?  Did stopping smoking help?  Thanks you for your input.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you should increase your dose of Sucralfate.  Try avoding greasy and spicy foods and avoid coffee and chocolate. Stopping smoking may help.
    • Posted

Thanks pippa.  I have increased med to 4 a day.  Hopefully that will help.  Trying to quit smoking.  Am also avoiding chocolate and spicy foods.  Seems all my vices have caught up with me after 73 yrs.  Thanks again! 
    • Posted

My bad lifestyle habits include constant anxiety.  I thought I had got away with it except for getting acid reflux.  Then in 2015, my intestines really rebelled after major stress the previous year and I got IBS.
    • Posted

I am 73 yrs old and I thought when you got older stress got less.  Boy was I wrong.  You take care!
    • Posted

Same to you! Hope you start to feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.