Gastritis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello to everyone!

My name is Alexander and i have gastritis.

Well, i don't know how and what to eat exactly if i have gastritis!

A MEDICAL ANSWER WILL HELP ME MORE ALSO A NON MEDICAL ANSWER WILL BE WELCOMED TOO!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Alexander, may i suggest bananas, porridge with sugar or honey no milk

Yoghurt light mince meat ala cottage pie. Chicken non greacy rice pots

Even lighly fried rice. Most fish breadcrumbs are ok not batter

Oddly enough i find oven chips straight from freezer to even fine too.

No coffees no fizzy drinks no beer plenty of water apples are great

Try good luck x

• Posted

Hi. if you look up Dr Axe on youtube.you will get loads of info on there, about what to eat,what not to eat, I am not a Doctor,but I have stomach problems too.I find all my Dr will give me is PPIs .so you really have to educate yourself..and listen to your body..x
  • Posted

You will need to do a food diary to see what foods trigger your symptoms because everyone with gastritis has different food sensitivities. You should eat blandly and avoid fatty, rich and spicy foods.
  • Posted

Your best bet is to eat alkaline rich foods and avoid acid foods. 

Alkaline foods are mainly most vegetables and fruits like apples, pears, avocado, bananas.

Avoid acid foods like cheese, milk, red meat, pop, sugar, etc 

You can find a list of these foods online. 

• Posted

Ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician so that a daily food menu can be made for you. Usually insurance will cover.
  • Posted

I too have gastrsits, milk for me is a huge help, especially when I am in pain, usually after eating something I know will upset me from experience, sometimes just not cooking onions enough, other times garlic in something, garlic for me is a nightmare, I do not tolerate at all, can cause me up to two weeks of pain post even the smallest amount.

Half a cup of milk, topped up with boiling water, until warm, finger test, then sip slowly, repeat if necessary, usually causes me to burp a lot of wind, but at the same time seems to break up that pain even when antacids have refused to work.

Foods to avoid, onions, garlic, cinnamon (except for breakfast), red meat (especially for dinner), can eat red meat for lunch, chocolate, coca cola, anything too fatty, do not eat pork for that reason.

Hope this some help from my experience.

• Posted

Milk also helps my acid reflux because milk is alkaline and coats the stomach.   I find just drinking milk as it is, works just as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.