Gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve been having mild nausea for about a month now. Especially after eating and the next day after a night out drinking. Third time after seeing GP, blood tests are normal and h pylori tests are negative, she has referred me to see a GI. She thinks it’s gastritis but not sure why my symptoms are still there. I’ve been on omeprazole for a few weeks now with little to no help. I’m a college kid so I drink pretty heavily 2-3 times a week. Kinda paranoid about stomach cancer since I’m having a lot of the common symptoms associated with it. I’ve also noticed some small red dots of blood in my stool. Anybody have any thoughts or advice to calm me down? Does binge drinking in college cause something like this? All my other friends drink as much if not more than me yet I’m the one with the stomach issues. Also, I’ve never had this problem in the past. Thanks! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bump. you will get a better solution soon. get well soon 
  • Posted

Have you had the camera down the throat, exam done.? you might have an ulcer...any blood in the stool should be investigated ...I wouldn't say drink would cause that..getting the tests done is the only way to calm your mind.and put you at ease.....

• Posted

I would stop drinking and take care of your health. Once it gets worse sometime it is not reversible .. 
  • Posted

Heavy drinking will not help you.  Cut down on alcohol or avoid it completely.  Milk is very soothing on an irritated stomach.  Ciut out rich, spicy and fatty foods.   Eat little but often, don’t eat late at night and cook from fresh.  Avoid processed food.
  • Posted

Tell your doctor if you have blood in your stool.  However, the red dots may well be undigested food particles.  Monitor what your eating with a food diary to see if this is the case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.