Gastritis/Abdominal pain/Shortness of breath

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good morning i am just after a bit of advice. I have been getting shortness of breath for the last two weeks, i have cut down and very rarely touch alcohol. but it was after I had a drink. it doesn't seem like its my lungs. I have had my oxygen level measured and it was 98. does any one else get this from gastritis/stomach issues?🙂

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi,I have IBS and possibly gastritis,symptoms are bad when under stress. I get very gassy and bloated at times and with that pressure from the gas at times I feel short of breath.

• Posted

Hi . I get shortness of breath from time to time . It's always brought about by acid reflux which causes a burning in my bronchial tubes and esophagus and in turn causes shortness of breath. I think alcohol can aggravate it. I drink baking soda in water to stop the reflux which has always worked for me. Good luck .

• Posted

Low vitamin D levels as well as low Protein causes gastritis ,/ stomach issues , shortness of breath , have your levels checked ,

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your reply.🙂

• Posted

You may well have very severe reflux, my partner has this it causes a type of asthma, do take ppi's for reflux and do talk to your dr. I have had gastritis for years and it has never given me breathing issues. You may need an endoscopy to see whats going on.

• Posted

Hey Joanna, I have always have to clear my throat every morning and throughout the day it's been like it since I was a kid and it's worse when I drink milk. when it was really bad at night I used to struggle to get to sleep if I had been lying down for too long clearing my throat. so when I went to bed I had to got straight to sleep.🙂

• Posted

hi robert

I have been having the same thing...shortness of breath for the past month. Its gotten worse as time went on and I was thinking it was my heart or anxiety. My doc put me on a PPI 2 days ago for treatment of acid which I did not know I had. Feeling a little better but wondering if you ever got a diagnosis or what helped you.

• Posted

I spoke to my doctor on Monday I had a follow up appointment, I asked about the shortness of breath and he thinks it is just another symptom of the gastritis, because it comes and goes. and it does not affect me exercising. he has doubled the omeprazole for a month to see if it sorts the gastritis out. I have got to stop drinking alchol, junk food and stop getting stressed. no Christmas is out of the way it should be easy.🙂

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I see my doc today and am going to ask the same.

Sick of the shortness of breath!

Agree, now that holidays are over (and kids back in school) hoping to ease up on the stress.

Thank you for getting back to me. Feel better.

• Posted

Forgot to mention to Robert - try slippery elm

one teaspoon of the powder in hot water before meals - I carry the capsules around when on the road etc.

this is anti -inflammatory and helps many conditions

best of luck Laura

• Posted

You may have too acidic a system.

Try going on a more alkaline diet and maybe do a liver flush sometime too

but to be safe always have your heart checked when breathless

best of luck

• Posted

I also have upper abdominal discomfort and when I stand I feel short of breath. I'm currently taking a probiotic to try to balance my stomach bacteria. This issue has given me so much anxiety. please let me know what works for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.