Gastritis; After eating feeling fullness, dizziness, shortness of breath and lump in my throat.

Posted , 5 users are following.

4 months ago, I was diagnosed with Pangastritis; a severe form of gastritis. symptoms included shortness of breath, sleep apnea and dysphagia. perhaps pangastritis was triggered by h.pylori, so the physician prescribed 2 antibiotics and 1 Proton-pump-inhibitors tablet as a double dosage daily (overall 6 tablets a day). I became quite healthy after 2 months. Now again feeling stomach problems related to gastritis. i feel very hungry but when i eat, i feel full after a small meal specially after afternoon meal. then starts dysphagia, shortness of breath, dizziness (my head spins), tremor in hands and a little bit sweating on them. does anyone else feel the same? after an hour i feel hungry again.. cannot eat oily, greasy and heavy foods. in the night time, hunger increases more strongly. can anyone help?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

I had something similar last month that was diagnosed as acute illeitis. Inflamed intestines. After labs it was found E.coli.

I am still having some symptoms bow a month later and am awaiting further gastroenterology work up. For now i am on lomotil capsules, Colestipol, zantac, and tramadol for when the pain is severe.

I am also on 50,000 I U vitamin D

• Edited

I was ( pre-covid19) scheduled for a breath test where they test for gluten allergies and something else.

Mainly I try to eat as small a portion of anything I eat, as I can. Seems like the longer food is in the intestines the worse the attacks.

Type of food has not seemed to matter its the quantity.

Hopefully when things return to normal I will get some definitive answers but for now I send you best wishes. I am sure my anxiety is not helping.

• Posted

do you also got the symptoms of shortness of breath and sleep apnea in acute illeitis?

• Edited

i am really thankful to you people for replying. although h.pylori takes more than a month in completely leaving our body, but antibiotics end all the symptoms (fullness, difficulty in taking breath etc.) on the day first. i suffered from shortness of breath a lot of days, because i didn't know its gastritis. once i got admitted in the hospital and they applied endoscopy and found a severe form of gastritis (pangastritis). before it, i was thinking that there is some problem in my lungs which is causing such a difficult breath. i wasn't able to eat, drink, sleep, burp, etc. but now, antibiotics helped a lot.

• Edited

sounds like you are doing alot better, hope this continues for you. Some of the anti biotics can also cause some stomach pain while taking. Are you all better now...hope so !!

• Posted

yes yonder01, feeling better but not as healthy as i was before this disease. cannot eat much of the delicious food items...

need tablets to remain fine.

• Posted

Hi, I hope you continue to move in the right direction, this virus has made alot of folks put their medical issues on hold, so it is affecting alot of people. It seems to affect everyone in one way or another. Hang in there, try to stay positive, watch funny movies and laugh. Good luck !!

• Posted

youder01 h.pylori is a bacteria. i was quite fine till yesterday morning. but at the afternoon time, my blood pressure suddenly rose to higher level and my head was like to burst along with trembling hands. ECG was normal. but BP was 160/90. it highly affected me badly

• Edited

yes, it is a bacteria, sorry I have the virus on my brain, the bacteria is hard to treat without the pepto bismal as well in the treatment. It is able to burrow into the lower layers of the stomach, making it hard to kill. The pepto bismal makes it vulnerable to the anti biotics, I wonder if your BP is being affected by anxiety of your situation, or if you had eaten a high salt meal before taking the reading. Have you had your blood sugar checked to make sure you are not diabetic as well. I have a home kit I use, I am not diabetic but prone to low blood sugar at times. Been that way for years. .maybe call your advice nurse/doctors office for a phone consult. Also do come deep breathing , breath in through your nose, out through your mouth, slowly and deeply. Do this at least 10 times, and watch funny movies and relaxing things, not the news. hang in there, if you cant get through to your doc, and feel unwell go to the ER, wear a mask and gloves of come kind, try to stay away from people, do the best you can, but if you are having an medical emergency. go in. hope u feel better, many things can effect out blood pressure. Are you on any meds that have this as a side effect....:)

• Posted

thanks alot for your advises. i shall take medical tests when lockdown ends. yup B.P became high because of reaction to tablets which i ate for h.pylori infection. now am fine. 😊

• Posted

welcome, at least you know why the BPO was high, good deal, ok, good luck keep us updated, it helps when folks come back and tell us what their issues turned out to be.thanks

• Edited

i had those symptoms when i had h. pylori. they went away after my triple therapy. but since this evil virus, my stress is back up. and my symptoms are back.

• Posted

me too bbdanielle! my symptoms had gone after 2 months medication but its again back. now again 2 months medication!

by the way, what is triple therapy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.